Can any Yngwie strat experts identify this body?

Dimarzios would be correct for the year. But, with the neck missing, it's hard to say if it's period correct. I believe the earlier models, ('88 to '98?) had the 50's headstock.

I know it's not much help, but the Dimarzios would be correct, that I know.

I would have doubts its a 97...I don't think they changed to the 6 screw trems until in the early 2000s..not 100% sure but thats what my memory tells me (my 96 is 2 point trem).

Honestly even if it is "real" I can't see how it is worth that sort of money given it does not have the neck so it is basically impossible to sustain that sort of value. If it is anything like mine it will have a 4 or 5 piece body so I think you are better of just getting an alder body and go from there....way cheaper for the same or maybe even better results

sytharnia1560":1pyygu0c said:
I would have doubts its a 97...I don't think they changed to the 6 screw trems until in the early 2000s..not 100% sure but thats what my memory tells me (my 96 is 2 point trem).

Honestly even if it is "real" I can't see how it is worth that sort of money given it does not have the neck so it is basically impossible to sustain that sort of value. If it is anything like mine it will have a 4 or 5 piece body so I think you are better of just getting an alder body and go from there....way cheaper for the same or maybe even better results

I agree. I'd just buy a body, and loaded pickguard with the Duncan YJM's.

The guy's out of his mind if he thinks he'll get that kind of money, and you'd be out of your mind paying it.

Thanks guys, yeah I figure any Fender body will do really, just thought it would be cool to have the Malmsteen model, I like the colour.

nigelpkay":1l93flfl said:
Thanks guys, yeah I figure any Fender body will do really, just thought it would be cool to have the Malmsteen model, I like the colour.

I think they called it Vintage White?

Back