Can anyone comment on the Eventide Timefactor chorus / delay

FixXxer

Has anyone who has owned this preferred it over a chorus and delay pedal?

I like the tone of a delay and chorus combined but never got into the modulated delay thing. Is this modulation more chorus like?

Thanks

FixXxer

Chorus pedal eh? delay amazing! best delay pedal ever but not analog! if you like the sound of studio delay you will love this! if not and your an analog lover then i would look else where but as said it is my favorite delay and best digital sound ive ever heard. (of course besides a 2290)

the modulating isnt a very overwhelming effect but i havent really messed with it to much. but i have a slight modulation on my clean and i like it alot.

sebby123":3ak07rtk said:
Chorus pedal eh? delay amazing! best delay pedal ever but not analog! if you like the sound of studio delay you will love this! if not and your an analog lover then i would look else where but as said it is my favorite delay and best digital sound ive ever heard. (of course besides a 2290)

the modulating isnt a very overwhelming effect but i havent really messed with it to much. but i have a slight modulation on my clean and i like it alot.

How does it compare to the G-major?

I liked my G-major for what it was, but then when I wanted other effects, all the effects sounded the same. I figure if the delay is good and can mimic the analog chorus I have to get as deep (Roland Jazz chorus cleanish aka Metallica fanboy clean) then I'd just get that and forget about it.

Having the best delay on the market would be cool, but I need that damn chorus :D

If I did both eventides, then at 600 plus dollars, I might as well get a better rack processor.

I have a Rocktron coming in, and can't wait to try it. :D

FixXxer":1juv2w8m said:
sebby123":1juv2w8m said:

How does it compare to the G-major?

I liked my G-major for what it was, but then when I wanted other effects, all the effects sounded the same. I figure if the delay is good and can mimic the analog chorus I have to get as deep (Roland Jazz chorus cleanish aka Metallica fanboy clean) then I'd just get that and forget about it.

Having the best delay on the market would be cool, but I need that damn chorus :D

If I did both eventides, then at 600 plus dollars, I might as well get a better rack processor.

I have a Rocktron coming in, and can't wait to try it. :D

I thought i would never drop more than $200 for a delay pedal :doh: . Then i started listening to clips and videos of the Timefactor. But after reading up on the Timeline and listening to some clips, i must have one. For control over the repeats and filthy analog sounds it seems that it has the Eventide beat, IMHO.

http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/timeline/

Never heard the timeline but i can safely say all the features and souly the sound of the time factor is enough for me is worth every penny.

sebby123":9jaxlysx said:
Never heard the timeline but i can safely say all the features and souly the sound of the time factor is enough for me is worth every penny.

How is the chorus? (I don't care about other delay pedals, just the eventide)

As i said above i havent messed with it much but it sounds great honestly ive seen many people get amazing sounds with this pedal its just how far you want to go with the pedal.

I have 2 presets a andy timmons type lead tone.
And my clean tone with slight modulation.

My buddy just got one and I tinkered with it very briefly. I was VERY impressed with the quality of the delay sounds in it...and that was just going off the pre-sets! I use a G Major and now I'm gassing for the TF bigtime, the delay's are just so much more 'pro' sounding in comparison. A couple downfalls are that I would lose the two relays in the G Major and the tuner that I've always used :aww:...plus I kinda use it as an attenuator

What I dont know and possibly wouldnt like is if the TF can do a 'spillover' :confused: This is very important in my playing.

Does anyone know if it does this??

The Timefactor is great! I loved the damn thing. I did sell it to get a G-major. The delays on the G-Major just not as good. I sold the G-Major and I will be buying another TF. I have never really played around with the chorus on there. I am not one to give critique to any chorus. I just do not know what is good or bad when it comes to choruses.

Back