Can't find any Egnater amps at Guitar Center?

jamme61

anyone know whats up with this? The GC sales guy said he thought they were no longer carrying Egnater due to quality issues. I have been lucky enough to own a rebel, tweaker, Renegade- with no problems. Bruce seems like a really great guy and I love the tone of the amps. hope this is all BS.

They don't carry Egnater anymore. Not sure why. They also don't carry Mesa anymore. I think they are giving up on the more high end customer and going more for fast turnover quick buck junk.

Len Rabinowitz":1j3b2jkx said:
They don't carry Egnater anymore. Not sure why. They also don't carry Mesa anymore. I think they are giving up on the more high end customer and going more for fast turnover quick buck junk.

Yea I don't know whats going on with GC not really a lot of anything in the store, very depressing. I wanted to try out a Armageddon amp, just for curiosity (I'm not a metal guy) all they had was a tweaker 15 combo and a tweaker 1x12 cab- that was it. The salesman told me to stay away from Egnater because of issues with transformers blowing. He also added that its a shame because the amps do sound good. I've only heard of trouble with the early tourmasters and thought that was resolved. This whole thing sucks, I love the amps( have had three) - no problems but it seems like egnater might be in trouble, GC too. I think the future is online no more stores :thumbsdown:

I used to like GC, but it has turned into Walmart and I don't like Walmart. GC has had financial issues for some time now. So has Fender. I hope your prediction is wrong. Some things you have to try out, and you want to take then right home. Can't imagine an Amazon drone dropping an amp onto my patio! I have turned to buying major items from high end boutique shops. Might be a bit of a renaissance for them.

People should keep in mind that GC does not have the best prices. Most places will meet or beat their prices. If you buy online you can avoid the sales taxes in most cases, and generally you can usually get free shipping.

I don't know that they are going out if business - I've heard that for several years now. Still they have had difficulties. They are clearly going for mid level stuff, fast turnover, quick buck. By dropping Egnater they may have done Bruce a favor in the long run. He's a top quality guy; why be associated with them? Sweetwater is much better.

I would bet that Egnater and Mesa put GC on credit hold just like PRS and Behringer did...hence GC's decision a few weeks back to flood the market with up to 50% off PRS guitars...they burned that bridge.

I don't know about Egnater, except that GC is no longer a dealer. I'm pretty sure that Mesa dropped GC and not the other way around, but I think it had more to do with quality of service issues on GC's part.

Yes, Mesa dropped GC because GC can't pay their bills...I read something online quite a while ago that Fender and Gibson were keeping GC afloat because they HAVE to, they'll be out of business if GC folds because they're owed so much money. Mesa, PRS, Behringer etc...all bailed before it got to that point, and when those companies bailed on GC, GC sells off remaining inventory at fire sale prices, flooding the market with a short burst of activity. I'm sure that doesn't sit well with the manufactures because any remaining dealer can't compete price wise.

They are all in bed together. I don't mind if GC goes under, but it wouldn't be good if Fender or Gibson did. Actually, maybe that's not correct. I can personally attest to quality control problems at Fender- and I have heard of the same at Gibson. That's the way it goes in a capitalist economy. Compete or die. If Fender and Gibson went down it could be a real boon to companies like Suhr and other small but top quality manufacturers.

Articles on the financial troubles of GC and Fender:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/03/d ... -acquired/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/busin ... html?_r=1&

Here is one about Gibson's financial problems:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cad42764-3924 ... z37Rg4VgDx

Remember they also had problems with wood sourcing and unsuccessfully sued PRS.

I think it would suck if Fender or Gibson went under for any reason...to much history there to throw away, but I do wish they would improve quality. Having said that, my cousin just bought an NOS 2008 American Standard Strat that plays like a dream, so good ones are out there, and I have an '07 Traditional Pro LP with a 50s neck that plays really good...

Yeah, on the other hand- I just tried a a Schecter Strat- excellent, just as good as Fender if not better, and same price. Tried something called ltd- perfectly good for 350 bucks. Interesting- made in Vietnam. Went into my local gc and prs is gone. Left without buying anything.

Len Rabinowitz":1lkbk9db said:
They are all in bed together. I don't mind if GC goes under, but it wouldn't be good if Fender or Gibson did. Actually, maybe that's not correct. I can personally attest to quality control problems at Fender- and I have heard of the same at Gibson. That's the way it goes in a capitalist economy. Compete or die. If Fender and Gibson went down it could be a real boon to companies like Suhr and other small but top quality manufacturers.

Articles on the financial troubles of GC and Fender:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/03/d ... -acquired/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/busin ... html?_r=1&

Here is one about Gibson's financial problems:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cad42764-3924 ... z37Rg4VgDx

Remember they also had problems with wood sourcing and unsuccessfully sued PRS.

If Fender goes out out of business I don't feel bad for them, they alienated all of the smaller Mom & Pop music stores.
A good friend of mine had to stop carrying Fender guitars years ago because They wanted him to guarantee that his store would sell a certain amount of guitars during a year.
His store covers a small town so he could not meet their demands (and he did try).
Now that GC probably sales 90% of Fender's product, that's bad spot to be in.
Huge bummer for me because the most played guitar in my collection is a strat & a Jackson.

GC isn't responsible for 90% of Fender sales, but it is high. One of the articles mentioned it. Something like 10%. It's enough that if GC went down it would hit Fender hard.

GC is 1/6th of Fender sales, according to the New York Times business section. What is that, about 15%? If GC closed I don't think Fender could sustain it. That's the problem with putting the screws to the smaller stores- you have all of your eggs in one basket. What happens if the basket breaks?

Back