Captor X 16ohm Incoming

Hello :) Have fun playing your amp, and feel free to post your reaction in the Two notes Audio Community :)
Pretty impressive so far!!!

Quick question - can the CaptorX be Bluetooth connected to my MacBookPro or can it "only" be BT'd to iOS/Android devices??

Would be awesome to not have a USB connection if possible.

I'll be giving this a full review once I've really had a go with it - the native IRs - the interface - etc. So far, very very nice piece of tech and sounds fantastic!!

Please advise on BT connection with notebook/DAW computers and not just smart-devices.

Thank you
Mo

Hello

thank you for the first impressions :)

Bluetooth is only for mobile devices. you cannot connect a computer via bluetooth to the Captor X. This question has been passed a number of tmes to the software team, and technically speaking, it is more difficult to have bluetooth communication with a computer than with a mobile device.

Hello

thank you for the first impressions :)

Bluetooth is only for mobile devices. you cannot connect a computer via bluetooth to the Captor X. This question has been passed a number of tmes to the software team, and technically speaking, it is more difficult to have bluetooth communication with a computer than with a mobile device.
Appreciate the reply - glad it's been put forth to the technical team and perhaps it's something that could conceivably be updated via firmwarre down the road, but for now, the unit is incredibly good at what it does - I mean incredibly good!! For now the use of my iPhone will do to change parameters on the fly; or do the grunt work via USB and load the necessities that I'd use as "on-demand" via iOS Remote.

Regardless, sonically and operationally - it's exceptional. Flexibility would be equally so with computer BT assist, but it's obviously not a deal breaker - this thing ain't going anywhere and the tweakablility to really home in on the recorded sound is flawless. Awesome product!!

Very pleased!!
Thanks so much!
Mo

Another quick question - is there a preferred range of headphone impedance to use with the direct-out on the unit itself if not using an audio interface with bus??

I use a Clarett 8Pre, which is amply powered to run eargoggles up to 600ohm; but if I just wanna jack into the Captor X on the fly, what's the headphone impedance range the Captor X likes to work with??

Thanks!
Mo

Back