Captor X and Herbert, a good idea?

shadow070

Finally (again) im planning to start and play my guitar

I have big house, but the Herbert at night is just....madness lol
Ive always played at low volumes and accepted it.
At the moment i have my setup with me in the office, i only got to play for 5 min. these past 3 months. (so the idea of having more play time during work is a fable to me)
The amp sounds good on low volumes, yes.... but it only lives when the master opens up a bit more.

Do any of you use the Captor X with your Diezel?
I would love to hear about your experience with it
Is there a reason i should choose one over the other in terms of ohm options they provide?

Reason:
I want my amp on my desk
Play with my headphones
My baby already broke the cone of my speaker (my only 1x12) :cautious:

I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea?

FWIW I use a Fryette Power Station to silence my Diezel (D-Moll) then run that through my Helix which I simply use as an IR loader and headphone amp for this purpose. It's almost exactly what you'd use your Captor to do alone.

If you're looking for a potential alternative to the Captor, you could go the Fryette Power Load route. Both seem like quality tools.

CaptorX would be ideal - just make sure you're not pushing the Herbert too hard into it as the max capacity of the TNCX is 100W, and Herbert, depending on tube-sets installed, can churn out a lot more than that.

But ya, I run 3 Diezels through CaptorX's and my Bogners as well. Sounds fkn terrific.

We've been tracking our latest album with the torpedo captor and a VH4, works brilliantly :) It can take some fiddling to get the sound you want from the cab sims but once you do it sounds great.

Thanks for the input!

I have the WOS software since the beginning so i dont think it should be a problem.
The herbert can output more i know, but i guess i wont even have it above 25% of the MV.

I just needed confirmation on the Captors hardware part, that it works as it should and ofcourse that it fits a Diezel product.

Ill order it.

So ill be playing my Herbert again, its time to start from scratch......what are scales again? :p

@guitarbyrne Send a link when available
@Ventura Ive been looking to get a XTC, who knows i might in the future. The next amp im getting is the Mark V, my brother got one and damn i need the tones all those channels provide. Not having any guitar play time im not in a hurry for gear :hys:

Back