Captor X as a power amp?

Trying to wrap my head around how this is worded...

"as a power amp" - no.
"between a modeller and passive guitar speaker" - no.

You could use the CaptorX in between your modeller with its cab sim turned off into a powered studio monitor - yes.
You could use the CaptorX after your modeller with the cab sim turned off into a powered FRFR speaker like the F12-X200 if it was independently powered (ie: similar to the studio monitor setup)

The CaptorX is designed to both "attenuate" and "direct-record" via XLR/TRS outs, or silent play with "headphone out". Your modeller - assuming its one of the several obvious one out there - is supposed to be doing this for you all the way out to the studio monitors if going with cab sims, or to a cabinet with cab sims turned off and a power amp feeding the signal out from the modeller.

Does this help?
Mo

Trying to wrap my head around how this is worded...

"as a power amp" - no.
"between a modeller and passive guitar speaker" - no.

You could use the CaptorX in between your modeller with its cab sim turned off into a powered studio monitor - yes.
You could use the CaptorX after your modeller with the cab sim turned off into a powered FRFR speaker like the F12-X200 if it was independently powered (ie: similar to the studio monitor setup)

The CaptorX is designed to both "attenuate" and "direct-record" via XLR/TRS outs, or silent play with "headphone out". Your modeller - assuming its one of the several obvious one out there - is supposed to be doing this for you all the way out to the studio monitors if going with cab sims, or to a cabinet with cab sims turned off and a power amp feeding the signal out from the modeller.

Does this help?
Mo
Yes it helps. I get this unit is a bit of a Swiss army knife and was wondering if it could do that. It doesn't make me think less of it if it can't, btw. Thanks again.

Yes it helps. I get this unit is a bit of a Swiss army knife and was wondering if it could do that. It doesn't make me think less of it if it can't, btw. Thanks again.
Ya, it's just a strange implementation of the unit considering a) it needs a power source of an amp for usual function, b) it goes out to a regular cabinet (ie: 412 or 212 or whatnot) but that cab is powered by the amplifier, and this is where it can either be thru/attenuated, and c) it goes from your amplifier to your DAW, or headphones, and in the resident software you can pick and choose your cabs to emulate/DynIRs/IRs.

Wall Of Sound is the bigger platform plugin if you wanna stack a whack of cabs etc. onto the original signal from the CaptorX into the DAWs software.

Peace!!
Mojo

@BatmansRigTalk

To be complete on @Ventura 's answer. If you wish to connect from a modeller to an FRFR active speaker, the modeler needs to have an in-built power amp too. The Captor X does not have line inputs to connect modelers/multieffects into its input.

Kind regards
That's basically what I needed to know and should have asked it in the terms of your good answer. I still want a Captor X though. I love my Torpedo live and wall of sound. I use it like Gojira for my EvH 50W 6L6.

Back