Carcass/Obituary recent show

ClintN667

I went to see carcass and Obituary (amon amarth headlining) and cattle Decapitation opened.

The guitarists from cattle decapitation were using a hiwatt super hi 50 and the other sidd a Peavey valveking. They were really good but their guitars didn't cut thru as much as I would have liked. I've listened to them casually in the past but live there were less cookie monster vocals. The vocalist reminded me of overkill's vocalist.

Obituary came on second with a JCM800 with a rat and a Kemper on the lead guitars and they sounded great. It filled out the sound spectrum damn good probably the best of the night. Lots of girls crowd surfing at this show. The club had a female bouncer grabbing them and pulling them down front
First time I've ever seen that but it makes sense for liability purposes(I guess)

Carcass came on after with EVH 5150 50 6l6 50 watt heads. They sounded great (saturated and heavy af) I would have liked to hear the guitars turned up just a tad more. Whoever they had with them on guitar nailed every album solo. Bill Steer is one of my fav guitarist but he doesn't play his solos note for note. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

I skipped amon amarth since it was a Sunday night and I had work the next day. But goddamn it was a good show but it sucked that the opening bands only got 30 -45 minutes. Carcass started off with Buried Dreams which I've always thought is a great opener but they played all of my favorite songs by them even Genital Grinder. It looked like they were using EVH cabs which was surprising.

It's been awhile since I've seen a good death metal show but I was surprised to see a Peavey vk100. It was nice to see a packed out show for these guys. Last time I saw Obituary there was like 30 people there (but they still played just as hard)

Sounds like a killer show.
Would have loved to have seen the female bouncer handling female crowd surfers.
My Valvking 50 was my first tube amp :LOL:

Sounds like a killer show.
Would have loved to have seen the female bouncer handling female crowd surfers.
My Valvking 50 was my first tube amp :LOL:
I’m shocked. CD has cool tones on the albums and was using Engls . Maybe they borrowed local stuff because of traveling. That’s actually bizarre

Cattle Decapitation , Carcass & Obituary are the names of the bands ? My God man , I must be really really old , how things have changed lol.

I was at the Orlando show. Got hammered with carcass, watched amon amarth with them. Was side stage the entire night, everyone sounded great. I watched Amon amarth from FOH, since friends of mine had the same sound guy as amon amarths, and they sounded absolutely killer. Not a huge amon amarth fan, but they absolutely sounded phenomenal no doubt. Left obituary’s bus about 210 AM, good times!

https://ibb.co/PM2dccVhttps://ibb.co/xfD8LQN

I was supposed to go to that show, but I've been sick the last few days. I saw Cattle Decapitation and Obituary recently on their individual headlining tours. I would have liked to see Amon Amarth. I love me some viking metal.

It just feels kind of good knowing Carcass and Obituary are playing live and sounding good.
I saw Obituary a few years ago when they didn't have a lead guitarist and it was really cool but it made their songs sound a bit more punk rock or even more like old school Celtic frost. They sound killer live.

I was like a kid a Christmas. If Bolt Thrower would have got back together and played I could die a happy man afterwards as far as shows go

I’ve dot that too . Carcass is what matters so I get it. Carcass is just my favorite. Special band
Yeah carcass is my favorite band since hearing Necrotism when I was 15 about 6 months before heartwork came out. Bill Steer, Bill Kehliher, and Brendan Small are my favorite living guitarist so now I need to see Dethklok

Yeah carcass is my favorite band since hearing Necrotism when I was 15 about 6 months before heartwork came out. Bill Steer, Bill Kehliher, and Brendan Small are my favorite living guitarist so now I need to see Dethklok
CCB64B55-2EEC-472D-87FF-51F9B31872D2.jpeg

I still have this from the time you speak of

Love all their stuff. Bill is a riff machine. Love his tones and unique lead work.
'Rot 'n' Roll' and 'This is Your Life' were fantastic bonus tracks, and I feel indicators of Swansong's simpler and groovier style ahead. Those unreleased 5 Swansong era tracks on "Wake up..." are fantastic too. I recall it wasn't a widely accepted change of direction and even Heartwork was dismissed by the older fans as being too different, but history has proven it to be a classic album of the genre.
I just missed them on the Heartwork tour down here and was kicking myself hard when they split up not too long after and we didn't see them here again until 2008.

Back