Celestion Creamback M65 fans?

Tried it, good speakers. I prefer the H75's.
I got ya! Personal preference. I have two H75s but too bright for my style and playing.
I even thought of trying both an H75 and M65 in my cab with Redbacks. Reds are my all time favorite speaker but I bought the Creambacks to mix it up.

I'm running a G12H-75 Creamback and a G12M-65 Creamback in my Bogner 2x12 and I'm really happy. I have a pair of Scumbacks on order, BH55-65w and BM55-65w I want to put in a Suhr 2x12 and hear the difference. The Suhr cabinet currently has 2 G12H-75 Creambacks and sounds great.

Yeah, they definitely have more cut.
I really liked the smoothness of the M65's.
Cant go wrong with either speaker.
I hear ya brother. I like both. :)
The one constant is my love of Redbacks.

I have the following :
Splawn 412 - Redbacks/V30s
Bogner 412 - Redbacks/Creamback M65s
Bogner 212 - Redbacks
Stone Age 212 - CL80/K-100
I also have extra V30s and H75s.
All are 8 ohms, so sometimes I like to switch them up and mix them around.

I hear ya brother. I like both. :)
The one constant is my love of Redbacks.

I have the following :
Splawn 412 - Redbacks/V30s
Bogner 412 - Redbacks/Creamback M65s
Bogner 212 - Redbacks
Stone Age 212 - CL80/K-100
I also have extra V30s and H75s.
All are 8 ohms, so sometimes I like to switch them up and mix them around.
Killer setup! :rock:
I'm a big fan of the Redbacks, Great speakers.

I'm running a G12H-75 Creamback and a G12M-65 Creamback in my Bogner 2x12 and I'm really happy. I have a pair of Scumbacks on order, BH55-65w and BM55-65w I want to put in a Suhr 2x12 and hear the difference. The Suhr cabinet currently has 2 G12H-75 Creambacks and sounds great.
I have a new Marshall vertical 2x12 with the V type speakers. They are ok, but I found a good deal on a G12M-65 Creamback, and I had been thinking about mixing it with a G12H-75 Creamback like yours. At one time I used to have a Marshall 1936 2x12 with two 65 Creambacks, but it sounded a little rounded and congested to me. So I'm wondering if in this case putting a 75 in the bottom will even it out with a bit more crunch and openness in the mids.

My favorite speaker is the Redbacks but I don't just want all Redbacks. I even have some cabs blended Redbacks and V30s, etc.

Redbacks seem to cut just fine as well. Anything should cut if you set up the amp correctly.

That said, I need variety.

Any thoughts on two Creamback M65s in a 212 or a CL80/Creamback M-65?

I use 2 Friedman Vintage 112's with M65's. To me, (coming from using a Greenback 4x12), they sound like a bigger, beefier Greenback, (which is what they essentially are). No loose/mud here. And they're not even broken in, (but I'm working on it!)

I use 2 Friedman Vintage 112's with M65's. To me, (coming from using a Greenback 4x12), they sound like a bigger, beefier Greenback, (which is what they essentially are). No loose/mud here. And they're not even broken in, (but I'm working on it!)
Thanks I love my Redbacks but I've been thinking a 212 with M65s could be cool. I can't really justify the cost of new right now so I've been keeping my eyes out for some used ones.

Oh boy...
Everything equally bad.
Jazz, blues and rock.

Used a Warehouse "Creamback" in a DSL40 I had a while back, that sounded pretty good too.
Ha, you sound like me. I worry if I try a Scumback, I'll want to change all speakers and I can't afford.
Plus, Redbacks have become my favorite speaker ever.

Ha, you sound like me. I worry if I try a Scumback, I'll want to change all speakers and I can't afford.
Plus, Redbacks have become my favorite speaker ever.
After I had my meltdown and sold off my Friedman head and cab, Sourmash made a single 12" cab for me. Was pretty sure Id go with a Creamback since I did like my Friedman cab.
However, quite a bit on TGP, Scumback was mentioned. Emailed Jim and he took great care of me, personal touch I wouldnt get from Celestion. I would have bought one for my Princeton I built if he still sold 10's.

Celestion Creamback was great.
Warehouse Creamback was cheaper (albeit a bit pricier today) and great.
Scumback is great.
Personally, really don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

I know Friedman used the Redback for a minute and players really seemed to like it. I never had an opportunity to try out that speaker...

Do you guys think that light magnet speakers like the M65 or similar speakers from Scumback have enough low end or bigness for a 212 cab?

I remember years ago listening to Bruce Egnater talk about how they decided on their tweaked Classic Lead 80s for their 212 cab. He said that none of the speakers tested at the time compared to large magnet speakers and specifically the Classic Lead 80 for their 212 cab. He said that he found the extra low end and punch helped fill out the sound. Since then I've sort of avoided light magnet speakers, Creamback, etc....for my 12 cabs. I use those in my 412 cabs.

Maybe doing a blend like Scumback M or Creamback M and a large magnet speaker would fill it out enough.

Creambacks are great. I pair one with a v30 and it sounds killer. I hate v30s by themselves but with a creamback it’s rad.

I was gonna do Classic Lead 80s and Creamback M65s in my Bogner 412 but ended up going Redbacks.
Now I'm thinking of doing the CL80/M65 in my Stone Age 212.
But I also have a CL80, K100 and fairly old English V30. I could just do CL80/V30 and call it a day.

Back