Celestion RB/K100 combo..anyone tried this??

Redneckstomp

I bought 2 RB's to pare with k100. I think this combo have too much low-end? If this combo sucks, please recommend me some speakers good with RB except v30.

Last edited:
For non-vintage speakers I like the Gold’s a lot with them. The 20 watt heritage Greenbacks are also very good with them

However, the absolute best in my experience has been mixing them with JBL’s. My favorite (which I use now) is with E120’s on the bottom, but the D120F’s were killer too. They’re expensive though, but will give a super heavy, over the top sound with redbacks that is not for the faint of heart lol

For non-vintage speakers I like the Gold’s a lot with them. The 20 watt heritage Greenbacks are also very good with them

However, the absolute best in my experience has been mixing them with JBL’s. My favorite (which I use now) is with E120’s on the bottom, but the D120F’s were killer too. They’re expensive though, but will give a super heavy, over the top sound with redbacks that is not for the faint of heart lol
Thanks man!! I heard lots of good things about JBL's. Have you ever tried EVM12L with RB?

Thanks man!! I heard lots of good things about JBL's. Have you ever tried EVM12L with RB?
I haven’t because honestly I feel JBL’s smoke EV’s (Fane Crescnedo’s do too imo). Those for my taste are too smooth and bland, while JBL’s are raw, gritty and actually have character and the E120’s have the heaviest low end I’ve heard in a speaker and the D120F’s has very punchy lows. Not as huge as E120’s, but more punchy and direct

The JBL’s do have very intense, sharp treble and scooped, hollow mids, but it’s perfectly balanced out imo with the Redbacks being dark, laid back, but with their strong, a chewy low mids, which I’m a big fan of. You basically get a lot of everything but uppermids. If you want that, that’s where 20w Greenbacks really excel imo

Last edited:
I haven’t because honestly I feel JBL’s smoke EV’s (Fane Crescnedo’s do too imo). Those for my taste are to smooth and bland, while JBL’s are raw, gritty and actually have character and the E120’s have the heaviest low end I’ve heard in a speaker and the D120F’s has very punchy lows. Not as huge as E120’s, but more punchy and direct

The JBL’s do have very intense, sharp treble and scooped, hollow mids, but it’s perfectly balanced out imo with the Redbacks being dark, laid back, but with their strong, a chewy low mids, which I’m a big fan of. You basically get a lot of everything but uppermids. If you want that, that’s where 20w Greenbacks really excel imo
I love greenbacks. But, seems like JBL's perfect for me from what you said. Thanks!

Back