Charvel on Reverb wtf

Yep! That seller needs to be reported…I’m not on there anymore so I can’t.
Made in China, SD blackouts and set neck.
The seller removed the white Charvel label and bought a new Gold USA decal and put it on.
Scam at its worst. Shady mfer for sure…these were like 500 bucks new.
😡

I called him out and here’s his reply…
“They made singlecuts years later which were based off of a Proto. I bought this with 6 custom Charvels. I certainly don’t need the money or to pretend that a made In the USA Charvel is not secretly a Chinese guitar.”

I called him out and here’s his reply…
“They made singlecuts years later which were based off of a Proto. I bought this with 6 custom Charvels. I certainly don’t need the money or to pretend that a made In the USA Charvel is not secretly a Chinese guitar.”
"I have money so I don't need to prove what I am selling is legit". LMAO, killer reasoning there.

I played a sparkly yellow/gold one like this once that was awesome as hell....it was made in korea or china though; def not USA.

I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could have made USA custom shop versions of these but I've certainly never seen one

"very unique one of a kind inlay design on the fretboard" - they literally all had these inlays :LOL:

I played a sparkly yellow/gold one like this once that was awesome as hell....it was made in korea or china though; def not USA.

I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could have made USA custom shop versions of these but I've certainly never seen one

"very unique one of a kind inlay design on the fretboard" - they literally all had these inlays :LOL:
Exactly.
If someone really badly needed a Charvel LP they certainly wouldn’t say to the custom shop-
“Hey guys! Here’s a pic of exactly what I want…it’s a US version of a Chinese Charvel!!!”
Ya ok.

Somewhere in my email I have the address for the Fender Charvel guy who would let me know the date of a USA build by the serial number. I’ll see if I can find it and send him the link. He’ll get a good laugh.

Back