Check out my band's new music video, VH4 HERBERT content

yeah, the song fucking rocks ! i dont like the singers voice but verrryyy nice vid and riffing.

your first act is awesome !!!!!!!!

flownomis":16dnh7f3 said:
yeah, the song fucking rocks ! i dont like the singers voice but verrryyy nice vid and riffing.

your first act is awesome !!!!!!!!

thanks guys! yeah ....i love that guitar. they custom made it for me, and its just about the only guitar i play anymore, its so sweet.

Cool song and a great production! :rock:

Later this year i`ll be recording an album where it`s very likely i`ll be using my Herbert for a metal sound for the first time. I`m very curious about how you recorded that sound. What mics, at what distance, How hard did you hit the power amp etc. Got any tips? I really, really like your sound.

:)

Rocks hard! Is Swedish band Nine familiar to you? I find your music be quite similar to theirs. It´s always good to see Diezels on videos.

Niklas":anhvkec3 said:
good work, good stuff - since when r u using the diezels?

thanks! i've been a diezel user since 2005...my main live amp is a herbert, and in the studio i often blend it with a vh4.

VilleDZL":336qsg9n said:
Rocks hard! Is Swedish band Nine familiar to you? I find your music be quite similar to theirs. It´s always good to see Diezels on videos.

yeah i just heard Nine for the first time last year on tour in europe. our driver from Prague would play them on the cd player all the time. pretty cool stuff.

Nemomusic":2fvabgsq said:
Cool song and a great production! :rock:

Later this year i`ll be recording an album where it`s very likely i`ll be using my Herbert for a metal sound for the first time. I`m very curious about how you recorded that sound. What mics, at what distance, How hard did you hit the power amp etc. Got any tips? I really, really like your sound.

:)

what you're hearing if i can remember properly would be a herbert through a frontloaded diezel 4x12 with diezel custom speakers with an sm7 and a sm58 and a vh4 through a marshall 4x12 with green backs . with a 421 ...im not sure of distances for micing....if i can remember they were all close miced and isolated with baffles and blankets. i run the herbert on channel 3
gain: 2:00 vol:2:00 treble 5:00 mid:4:30 bass: 12:00 mid cut engaged: intensity 10:00 level: 2:00 V2 engaged and around 11:30 presence :2:00 deep: 1:00

i cant remember what the vh4 was set at...only that it was probably on a lower gain setting on channel 3
to contrast the pretty hot herbert setting.
the mics would have been run through neve preamps.

such a high treble setting? Do ya use it on gigs too?

btw...come to Germany...the youth gonna luv ya! ;)

especially in Hamburg, Collogne, Berlin and Munich!

p.s. VH4 on Greenbacks?!??! :confused:

Niklas":365vgh3h said:

i play my einstein on greenbacks too and it sounds killer

flownomis":1v6j8ljr said:
Niklas":1v6j8ljr said:

i play my einstein on greenbacks too and it sounds killer

Yeah they break up faster than the V30s etc. because of the low power rating. Completely different sound that is really cool when blended with the "stiffer" sound of the V30s.

I'd be afraid to use an Einstein 100W with a Cab that includes greenbacks coz the cab just got 100W (well, the traditionell speakers)...I play my Herbie at a 400W box and sometimes I feel kinda scared that the box could get damaged when I crank up the amp to 110-117 dB...but I heard from a experienced tone-nerd that my cab will never get damaged...

:rawk:

Back