Chicken & Noodles

IndyWS6

My chicken & noodles are better than yours (fight me). Multiple cooking contest wins back that up. Granted, it's a small market, but I'm rolling with it :)

1) Roast two whole chickens on the grill
2) Collect the fat and (delicious) gelatinous drippings
3) Pull the meat from the bones
4) Put the carcasses and "scrap" in a pot and boil it in (homemade) chicken stock
5) Strain the boiled deliciousness to remove the bones, skins, beaks and feet :)
6) Use the concentrated stock as a base for the final product
7) Boil egg noodles (store bought - I can't do everything) until tender in (homemade) chicken stock
8) Add the pulled chicken and concentrated stock (with salted butter [the way God intended]), salt and pepper to taste
9) Simmer for 1-2 hours
10) While simmering, prep and bake artisan crusty bread
11) Prep the potaters to be mashed (G/F's responsibility - her "taters" are awesome :)
12) Serve while watching football - or any damn thing you please...

Attachments

• Image_02.jpg
    Image_02.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 47
  • Image_03.jpg
    Image_03.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Image_01.jpg
    Image_01.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 46
Can’t follow u Bro.

Boil the noodles then simmer 1-2 hours? The noodles will be ruined.

And what does mashed potatoes have to do with chicken and noodles? That can’t be for the same recipe right?

Simmering on low for 1-2 hours does not "ruin" the noodles - just brings all of the flavors together.

You don't have mashed potatoes with your chicken and noodles? That's just wrong :)

Can’t follow u Bro.

Boil the noodles then simmer 1-2 hours? The noodles will be ruined.

And what does mashed potatoes have to do with chicken and noodles? That can’t be for the same recipe right?
Agree. Boil the noodles until almost al dente and finish in the simmered broth. I use the wide thick country noodles which are 3x cost of the cheap pre pack garbage. Also need to season the chicken or stock with poultry seasoning. Spuds, no way- must be an Irish thing.

Back