cliffs dover 84

Sadly, Eric has fallen on hard times in recent years. I'll let this picture do the talking...

wp2249450.jpg

Dumble Steel String Singer, which is really a modded Ampeg SVT. Carlos Santana now has that amp.
Yes, but 005 was different. It was built to be a better engineered and more consistent version of his beloved, red-tolexed ‘71 metal-panel with some attributes of a JTM45/100.

This isn’t much like, other than basic components, 002 or the others.

The changes in his playing, tone, technicality and over all mastery of the guitar between this and 84 cliffs is nuts.

Crazy to think Zeppelin was still playing shows when this was filmed. Eric has been around for ever.
He was just 21 when this was shot....a good friend of mine was in a local band that opened for these guys a bunch back then hooked me up with a few cassettes of bootlegged gigs of EJ that are pretty fricking mid blowing, easily some of my favorite EJ stuff, lots of it never formally released. One tune in particular "China" was actually written by Bill Maddox. I need to find where it was but I ran across an EJ website and asked about the song, he actually replied and said it was never released anywhere. Need to figure out how to transfer cassette stuff to a digital format

Steve, the next time you're driving thru my area, drop off those bootlegs. I have a TC Finalyzer I can wash and polish the material thru and burn it onto a CD at either standard Redbook or 24kHz....if I can remember how.

Steve, the next time you're driving thru my area, drop off those bootlegs. I have a TC Finalyzer I can wash and polish the material thru and burn it onto a CD at either standard Redbook or 24kHz....if I can remember how.
Heck it would be worth the drive to come up and see you Dave either way...

Funny you mention Dave...he's getting damn close to having his big shop done. When the sawdust starts flying and the lacquer starts squirting, he's going to be putting out killer original stuff.

Back