CLIPS: Egnater Tweaker

aeroic

I have had the Tweaker now for about 1.5 months or so, and I have to say, I LOVE this amp a LOT. It's does all the tones from Fender DLX, to BMAN, to SL, to VX very very well. Changed the power tubes to JJ 6V6s and the preamps to ARS 12ax7a's and I just plain love this amp!

Here is the video:

I was using the following gear:

Egnater Tweaker (JJ 6V6 Power, ARS 12ax7a Preamps)
Mojo 1x12 (not ported) w/ Scumback M75 100W
TC Electronic Nova System (in series effects loop)
Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus / Microvibe
MXR EVH Phase 90
Xotic BB Preamp
CAE Crybaby Wah

Guitar:

Warmoth neck (birdseye maple / ebony fingerboard)
Fender American Body w/ EMG 81X / SAX / SAX and SPC knob.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the great demonstration Eric. This little amp monster seems to be capable of delivering many, many great tones!

Love it.........Great tones & what a cool rig set-up to...........Love the playing as well..............

You & that Tweaker ROCK son! :rock:

Peace! X-Mann

PS - I love that BB preamp tone a little to much........

Doubleneck":2xpli8y2 said:
Nice Demo :thumbsup: At about 6:00 minutes are you stepping on the BB to get the dirty sound?

Very Cool guitar!

Yep...that's the BB Preamp taking the gain up a notch!!

Eric

UDAMANN88":39c9viy8 said:
Love it.........Great tones & what a cool rig set-up to...........Love the playing as well..............

You & that Tweaker ROCK son! :rock:

Peace! X-Mann

PS - I love that BB preamp tone a little to much........

The BB Preamp is the best dirt box on the market IMHO. I just love that lil guy. I haven't used any other dirt box this long except the Sparkle Drive, and I have not touched my sparkle drive since!! I have 2 BB's...one on each pedal board. Really my pedalboards look very very similar w/ regards to pedals. Both have Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus / Microvibe, BB Preamp. One has the EH Small Stone (modded by Analogman) Phaser, the other has the EVH Phaser. One has a Dimebag CFH wah, the other has the CAE Wah. And my other pedalboard has the FoxRox Octron pedal on it.

Eric

Dang, can't watch from work here but will check it out when I get home!

Gotta admit, I'm loving my Tweaker too. So much darn fun and great tone. Love it.

Buckeyedog":14nxzaxp said:

Gotta admit, I'm loving my Tweaker too. So much darn fun and great tone. Love it.

It really is amazing how close it sounds to the VX, SL, DLX man. I was kinda missing my DLX module after awhile...well...until the tweaker came. That amp does the dlx / SL tone VERY well. Well enough i DEFINITELY don't need /want those modules back!!! :)

aeroic":2t79il65 said:
Buckeyedog":2t79il65 said:

It really is amazing how close it sounds to the VX, SL, DLX man. I was kinda missing my DLX module after awhile...well...until the tweaker came. That amp does the dlx / SL tone VERY well. Well enough i DEFINITELY don't need /want those modules back!!! :)

Man, I can't agree with you more!! It really does a fabulous job getting those tones. I love playing the hard crunch rock, but am having so much damn fun playing this thing for those lighter settings. It just excells with single coils. I'd love to try some P90's through it. Bet that would sound ridiculous!!

Oh and thanks alot Eric, I just picked up a BB off the classifieds............ :doh: :doh: :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

aeroic":8eladpj6 said:
Buckeyedog":8eladpj6 said:

I have no idea what any of these modules are or sound like, but it does feel good to know that I have them all in this little Tweaker amp...........Lol

I'm so happy that my 1st Egnater product is this Tweaker head.......I feel like it's a beer sampler platter at my local micro-brewery of kick @$$ tones...........

I love all the tones but I keep getting drunk on the Hot, modern, AC tones........Aka Red Killian's type beer.......Lol

I'm getting some great tones & cool sounds now that I'm getting use to my Timefactor delay pedal as well............The Tweakers loop loves this thing...........

I wish there were more videos & sound clips of this amp..........Keep posting them boys......

Peace! X-Mann

PS - How do I get better sound thru my Flip camera mic or not overdrive it so much.......The tones in my room don't match what it sounds like at all on the video after I'm done........fwiw

Buckeyedog":1zpwjezd said:
aeroic":1zpwjezd said:
Buckeyedog":1zpwjezd said:

Man, I can't agree with you more!! It really does a fabulous job getting those tones. I love playing the hard crunch rock, but am having so much damn fun playing this thing for those lighter settings. It just excells with single coils. I'd love to try some P90's through it. Bet that would sound ridiculous!!

Oh and thanks alot Eric, I just picked up a BB off the classifieds............ :doh: :doh: :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

You won't regret getting that BB that's for sure!!! I love it so much I have 2 of them!!!

aeroic":2mlz8tty said:
I have had the Tweaker now for about 1.5 months or so, and I have to say, I LOVE this amp a LOT. It's does all the tones from Fender DLX, to BMAN, to SL, to VX very very well. Changed the power tubes to JJ 6V6s and the preamps to ARS 12ax7a's and I just plain love this amp!

Here is the video:

I was using the following gear:

Egnater Tweaker (JJ 6V6 Power, ARS 12ax7a Preamps)
Mojo 1x12 (not ported) w/ Scumback M75 100W
TC Electronic Nova System (in series effects loop)
Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus / Microvibe
MXR EVH Phase 90
Xotic BB Preamp
CAE Crybaby Wah

Guitar:

Warmoth neck (birdseye maple / ebony fingerboard)
Fender American Body w/ EMG 81X / SAX / SAX and SPC knob.

Enjoy!

Sounds great man!!

I don't know why but it seems single channel amps always sound good...

Cheers,

Vinicius Rosa.

Buckeyedog":1sbfpvme said:
aeroic":1sbfpvme said:
Buckeyedog":1sbfpvme said:

:LOL: :LOL: This guy has "ZERO" self control :LOL: :LOL: BB FTW :rock:

PS - How do I get better sound thru... on the video after I'm done........fwiw ...

Why not put a 57 on the grille and use the eleven rack to record the output? Then just sync the sounds using your video software. Just a thought.

Chris R":1i5rpurj said:
PS - How do I get better sound thru... on the video after I'm done........fwiw ...

Why not put a 57 on the grille and use the eleven rack to record the output? Then just sync the sounds using your video software. Just a thought.

I'm not using a Flip. I'm using a Zoom Q3. I agree w/ Chris. Get a real mic and just use the flip w/ for video.

Eric

Back