Collection of all kind of Diezel modifications

Cool :rock:
I hope you like the change.
Try it out before you put the amp back in the head shell.
If it doesn't work for you, then 2 minutes to put it back and it's all good 👍
And make sure you get those channel volumes up and control the amp with the master vol's.

Cool :rock:
I hope you like the change.
Try it out before you put the amp back in the head shell.
If it doesn't work for you, then 2 minutes to put it back and it's all good 👍
And make sure you get those channel volumes up and control the amp with the master vol's.

I should add to this thread that I did do the mod and it's killer!
However, I much prefer the Channel Volumes to be lower to add less output saturation to my sound, and then crank up the Master Volume for full thump.
I use a Boost and Gate before the preamp and another Gate in the FX Loop - this way at crazy stage volume there's no feedback/squealing.
Love this VH4S now!

I moved the NFB connection on my 2018 VH4 from the 8 ohm jack to the 4 ohm jack. Not a huge change, but it opens the amp up a little bit and I prefer the tone.
With that one little change, I now feel like the amp is "perfect" for me.

Edit: a few guys have PM'd me about this, so here's rundown.

The pic shows the output jacks and output transformer of my VH4.
The white wire on the output jacks is the negative feedback wire. The orange wires are the leads from the output transformer.
Originally, the white wire was connected to the 8 ohm (middle ) set of jacks along with the middle orange output transformer lead.
Simply un-solder the white wire from the 8 ohm jacks and solder it to the 4 ohm jacks as I have in the picture.
That's it!!
If you don't like it, put it back. It takes 30 seconds.
hey man, do you still have the VH4? Thanks

Yes I do!
A lot of stuff has come and gone, but I don't expect to ever sell the vh4.
Great amp, and yes, it still has the nfb mod : )
Perfect :) considering you have done the NF mod by yourself, do you feel comfoortable to send me some pictures of the insde of the amp? I'd like to compare it with mine, if possible. If yes, I'll send you my e-mail so you can send them there. Thanks a lot.

There's a picture in this thread of the output transformer and speaker jacks inside my amp. All you are doing us moving a wire from one jack to another.
I don't have any other pictures of the inside of my vh4, and I moved recently and all my gear is still packed up. I won't be taking the amp out of the headshell anytime soon. Sorry man, but I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators right now lol!
You should be fine with the pic already posted.

There's a picture in this thread of the output transformer and speaker jacks inside my amp. All you are doing us moving a wire from one jack to another.
I don't have any other pictures of the inside of my vh4, and I moved recently and all my gear is still packed up. I won't be taking the amp out of the headshell anytime soon. Sorry man, but I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators right now lol!
You should be fine with the pic already posted.
Don't worry man, I'm simply collegting pictures of the inside of different eras of VH4, I was not interested in the mod because I love how mine sounds, but in different component values. I have some pics of 2 2002s and others, from 2007. Thanks anyway.

Yes I do!
A lot of stuff has come and gone, but I don't expect to ever sell the vh4.
Great amp, and yes, it still has the nfb mod : )
I think I may do this mod shortly. Questions: After the mod, does the amp simplly sound a bit "brighter" overall? Or is it more reflected in only the high-presence frequencies (sizzzle)? finally, does the amp feel tighter or less compressed after the mod? Thanks so much, appreciated.

I think I may do this mod shortly. Questions: After the mod, does the amp simplly sound a bit "brighter" overall? Or is it more reflected in only the high-presence frequencies (sizzzle)? finally, does the amp feel tighter or less compressed after the mod? Thanks so much, appreciated.
I’ve done the mod before. The amp will be overall louder, a little looser, and brighter.

But doing that you involte the negative feedback. I do this example a lot. Mesa Mark: lots of negative feedback, tighter, more mids. Rectifier in modern mode: no negative feedback, looser, more bass and treble, scooped.
Interesting
I’d like to do something with my vh4 . I have 4 Diezel heads and my Vh4 is my least favorite, not that I dislike it

Interesting
I’d like to do something with my vh4 . I have 4 Diezel heads and my Vh4 is my least favorite, not that I dislike it
I asked before but I'll be more than happy if any of you can send me pictures of the inside. What you don't loke of your VH4? I love mine more than any amp I've ever owned, and they are more than 30.

I asked before but I'll be more than happy if any of you can send me pictures of the inside. What you don't loke of your VH4? I love mine more than any amp I've ever owned, and they are more than 30.
It’s feels Like it’s missing some fullness. Especially against vh2 . I was blown away by v2 new channel

How old are the tubes? I have a newer VH4 and it has more fullness than I could ever need.
It’s still full but pitted against vh2 the channel 2 just comes together fuller . It’s a new channel . But it could use new tubes . But I will say channel 2 of vh2 sounds more modern and different. I want to sell it but I end up loving it. I’ll also had vh4 still has more punch. I like them all a lot. No channels are not great on either amp

If you have channel "A" and "B" output transformers, and 2 negative feedback wires connected to the channel "A" and "B" 8 ohm jacks, then you would do the mod X 2.
Or you could do it once. Then do a demo video so we can all geek out and directly compare the tonal difference of modded vs unmodded in an identical setup. Then either do the other one, or put the first one back based on your taste. :LOL:

Back