Comparison of OCD, LP Eternity, BB+ (Video)

D-Rock":1u15xqq3 said:
With my OCD, I immediately noticed the relaxed mids when used for boosting. It's very smooth, thick and clear as a boost. I actually prefer it with my thinner sounding guitars that have more mids naturally (Strat & Tele).
I use my GT-OD with my darker, thicker sounding guitars (LTD & LP) since it has that big mid spike when used for boosting.
I want to try the GT-OD. I may pick one up instead of an 808.

Gitfiddler":n47prvp7 said:
i sold my ocd and picked up an HBE paradrive. the ocd probably sounds better as a standalone pedal, but for boosting a dirty amp, i love the HBE. Haven't looked back
Damn, just checked out the Proguitarshop demo of the HBE and it KILLS! Now I'm gassing for more pedals. :doh:

i just checked out your video.

your ocd sounds nothing like mine.

you must have the cleans on your rec really mid scooped.

all your ods sounded scooped to me.

i have owned the eternity as well, it should have much more balls and punch than what i heard in your rig.

fuzzyguitars":bzwtioor said:
i just checked out your video.

your ocd sounds nothing like mine.

you must have the cleans on your rec really mid scooped.

all your ods sounded scooped to me.

i have owned the eternity as well, it should have much more balls and punch than what i heard in your rig.
I think that may be just be u-toob compression. They sound very similar through the Fender Hot Rod that I gig with occasionally and when I tested my BB and OCD through an XTC 101B they sounded similar also. I don't scoop my mids at all. In the room the BB and Lovepedal have a lot of mids. What version OCD do you have?

Back