Confused with DynIR cabs and WOS?

BZGS

I just bought a Torpedo Captor x and I get confused by the DynIR cabs and WOS. I mean, when I read the page about Torpedo Remote, it shows me DynIR cabs used in the software, and it is designed for Captor x. However, WOS also has virtual cabs, but it seems like cabs in the WOS are not IR based technology, am I right? When I head to two notes store, there are no specific words saying which cab is DynIR based or not. I am so confused right now, anybody can help me to figure it out? Thanks!

This page says there are 350 DynIR Cabs and has some images of the packs on the banner ad at the bottom with Celestion, Engl, Mesa, Shur, Fortin, and others.
https://www.two-notes.com/dyn-ir
One example is this Celestion Blackstar Cab pack. There is this blurb in the description...
This is the official Celestion® DynIR Virtual Cabinet Pack for Blackstar® as captured by Celestion®

I think the Victory cabinets are DynIR tech too. This blurb is on their pages...
Two notes DynIR Virtual Cabinets are only compatible with Two notes hardware and software.

As far as the technology, there seems to be emerging tech with Celestion DSR tech and Amplitube VIR tech too that seems to mathematically interpolate the IR data between mic positions, creating more apparent "infinite" mic positions and sounds. There is likely more to it though.

Well, if all cabinets are DynIR Virtual Cabinets, then why only Captor X and CABM can use IR based cabs? Am I missing something here?
And so can wos. All my cab ir's from captor x show up in wos. Select "simulation" in wos and all your cabs are there in the drop down menu.

And so can wos. All my cab ir's from captor x show up in wos. Select "simulation" in wos and all your cabs are there in the drop down menu.

Well, how about the reverse way? If I purchased some cabs in the WOS, then will I get these cabs in torpedo remote? I mean, be specific, IR cabs?

Although Jason Wilding, Director of Marketing, said all cabs are DynIR Virtual Cabinets, but I don't see anywhere on the web page of WOS mention that.

Well, how about the reverse way? If I purchased some cabs in the WOS, then will I get these cabs in torpedo remote? I mean, be specific, IR cabs?

Although Jason Wilding, Director of Marketing, said all cabs are DynIR Virtual Cabinets, but I don't see anywhere on the web page of WOS mention that.
"Torpedo Wall of Sound is a free speaker and miking simulation plugin to load the Two notes DynIR Virtual Cabinet."

As seen here: https://store.two-notes.com/en/home/691-two-notes-torpedo-wall-of-sound.html

Hello, all DynIR cabinets available in the Two notes Store work for Wall of Sound and with any USB-equipped Torpedo hardware (you will load the cabinets through Torpedo Remote in the hardware).

Hello, all DynIR cabinets available in the Two notes Store work for Wall of Sound and with any USB-equipped Torpedo hardware (you will load the cabinets through Torpedo Remote in the hardware).

Hello, thanks for replying. How about the pack in the link:
https://store.two-notes.com/en/packs/565-black-gold-pack.html
No DynIR mentioned like some other cabs, and not mentioned about how many mics have been used. I noticed that normally when the cab or a collection of cabs have 8 mics in the description, it also stated DynIR. However, I do notice that there is a cab called GreenArtC in the pack, and I find out the single cab in the link:
https://store.two-notes.com/en/virtual-cabinets/104-greenartc.html
It shows 8 mics in the description but not the DynIR part.

Still not very sure about these, any more explanation? Or just like Jason said above, all the cabs are DynIR based, just some of them not mention that. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for replying. How about the pack in the link:
https://store.two-notes.com/en/packs/565-black-gold-pack.html
No DynIR mentioned like some other cabs, and not mentioned about how many mics have been used. I noticed that normally when the cab or a collection of cabs have 8 mics in the description, it also stated DynIR. However, I do notice that there is a cab called GreenArtC in the pack, and I find out the single cab in the link:
https://store.two-notes.com/en/virtual-cabinets/104-greenartc.html
It shows 8 mics in the description but not the DynIR part.

Still not very sure about these, any more explanation? Or just like Jason said above, all the cabs are DynIR based, just some of them not mention that. Thanks a lot!
if you look at any of the cabs included in those packs or whatnot, it'll also specifiy the 8 mics used to record them, and each cab "is" dynamic in the sense you can move those mics (a pair for each cab USUALLY - some are only 1 mic I believe, rare, but I think I've seen them in my library) anywhere ya want around the front cone or even the rear of the cab, in a whack of different virtual settings.

DynIR's are Two-Notes proprietary design IRs, they're not reverse compatible to other platforms; although you can import your own IRs into the Two-Notes platform, but they won't be "dynamically able" like the Two-Notes are. Does that make sense?? DynIRs are from Two-Notes for use only in Two-Notes environments. Other IRs out there can be used in the Two-Notes environment, but importing them WON'T make them dynamic; and your Two-Notes DynamicIRs WON'T work outside of the Two-Notes environment.

if you look at any of the cabs included in those packs or whatnot, it'll also specifiy the 8 mics used to record them, and each cab "is" dynamic in the sense you can move those mics (a pair for each cab USUALLY - some are only 1 mic I believe, rare, but I think I've seen them in my library) anywhere ya want around the front cone or even the rear of the cab, in a whack of different virtual settings.

DynIR's are Two-Notes proprietary design IRs, they're not reverse compatible to other platforms; although you can import your own IRs into the Two-Notes platform, but they won't be "dynamically able" like the Two-Notes are. Does that make sense?? DynIRs are from Two-Notes for use only in Two-Notes environments. Other IRs out there can be used in the Two-Notes environment, but importing them WON'T make them dynamic; and your Two-Notes DynamicIRs WON'T work outside of the Two-Notes environment.

Thanks for your detailed input, and I found out that cabs have 8 mics later and added that in my previous description. I also know DynIR is ONLY available in Two notes products. Just got confused that some cabs don't mention DynIR in the specs, while the others emphasize that in the description.

Back