Convince me that Jake E. Lee is still a guitar god post Ozzy era

Metalhex

His stuff with Ozzy is legendary, creative and unique. I've heard a couple songs from Badlands......meh. I haven't heard too much of RDC.

Just seems like a regular bar band to me with average everything.

What has he done even remotely close to his Ozzy Era god-tier playing?

You don’t think the lead from the ‘Last Time’ is on par with Ozzy era? Take another listen.
Admittedly he left most of the ‘shred’ stuff on the shelf for Badlands; but I think his playing was far better than any ‘bar band’ thing. More heavy blues but still killer.

I think Jake's best stuff was on Voodoo Highway and the Badlands debut record. He was playing at a very high level on those records. Trying to play "Joe's Blues" note for note with that same swing was a lot harder for me than learning Bark at the Moon. I never did nail it 100 percent either, no matter how much time I put in.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I happen to love Jake's Badlands stuff more than the Ozzy stuff.

Badlands was good. I really didnt like him with ozzy and he`s not that great neither Warren D. These guy`s right place right time. I f you could get a song played on national radio you gonna do something for at least a little while, but getting it played in rotation is the 1 in a million cause it wont be because its the greatest song /band ever. Its who ya know and its always been that way.

Most overrated guitar player on this board. Don't get all the man crushes people have here for the man, but he does nothing for me, never has.

Of course, opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one, but Ozzy should have hung on to Joe Holmes. Sure, Zakk made his mark, but Holmes is a stud. Blows Jake E Lee away, IMO.

I haven't heard anything that really blew me away from him since The Ultimate Sin

I really dug his work with Ozzy and both Badlands releases. Ive got the first Red Dragon and was unable to connect with it even after multiple attempts.

His two ozzy albums impressed me because he shredded with a lighter gain signal than most . And he still was clean . But idk much after that

Ozzy production makes everybody better. Randy, Zakk, Jake, they all sound waaaaay better with the Oz production teams

Back