Couple new toys today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter EyesOfTheSouth!
  • Start date Start date
E

EyesOfTheSouth!

Well-known member
IMG_3665.jpeg

The Space Echo is hands down the best delay/echo I’ve ever owned. And I have had most of the high end units. Totally transparent and dry signal is completely preserved unlike the Strymon line IMO. There is nothing that I would change on this thing. It ticks all my boxes. Using it with preamp sim off, but it’s great if you want a browner sound. I vastly prefer it over the SDE-3000 when using in mono.

Wayne’s Super Doopah is also phenomenal. I don’t even know what the Frequency and Clipping options are actually doing, but I flipped through them all trying to find a bad sound so I could narrow down to a few options. Turns out there isn’t a bad sound……at least for gain down/volume up pushing my Morris amps. What a pedal! Can’t thank Wayne enough. Guess my regular Griffin Super Drive and 808 Screamer will need to find a new home.

New gear days aren’t always this great, but this one was a banger for me.
 
Yeah man that drive is like a Swiss Army Knife!!!
 
View attachment 457120
The Space Echo is hands down the best delay/echo I’ve ever owned. And I have had most of the high end units. Totally transparent and dry signal is completely preserved unlike the Strymon line IMO. There is nothing that I would change on this thing. It ticks all my boxes. Using it with preamp sim off, but it’s great if you want a browner sound. I vastly prefer it over the SDE-3000 when using in mono.

Wayne’s Super Doopah is also phenomenal. I don’t even know what the Frequency and Clipping options are actually doing, but I flipped through them all trying to find a bad sound so I could narrow down to a few options. Turns out there isn’t a bad sound……at least for gain down/volume up pushing my Morris amps. What a pedal! Can’t thank Wayne enough. Guess my regular Griffin Super Drive and 808 Screamer will need to find a new home.

New gear days aren’t always this great, but this one was a banger for me.

You should attach a CB radio mic to the site of the Space Echo, just to freak people out. Groovy look. :cool:
 
View attachment 457120
The Space Echo is hands down the best delay/echo I’ve ever owned. And I have had most of the high end units. Totally transparent and dry signal is completely preserved unlike the Strymon line IMO. There is nothing that I would change on this thing. It ticks all my boxes. Using it with preamp sim off, but it’s great if you want a browner sound. I vastly prefer it over the SDE-3000 when using in mono.

Wayne’s Super Doopah is also phenomenal. I don’t even know what the Frequency and Clipping options are actually doing, but I flipped through them all trying to find a bad sound so I could narrow down to a few options. Turns out there isn’t a bad sound……at least for gain down/volume up pushing my Morris amps. What a pedal! Can’t thank Wayne enough. Guess my regular Griffin Super Drive and 808 Screamer will need to find a new home.

New gear days aren’t always this great, but this one was a banger for me.
making me miss my og space echo😑😁
 
View attachment 457120
The Space Echo is hands down the best delay/echo I’ve ever owned. And I have had most of the high end units. Totally transparent and dry signal is completely preserved unlike the Strymon line IMO. There is nothing that I would change on this thing. It ticks all my boxes. Using it with preamp sim off, but it’s great if you want a browner sound. I vastly prefer it over the SDE-3000 when using in mono.

Wayne’s Super Doopah is also phenomenal. I don’t even know what the Frequency and Clipping options are actually doing, but I flipped through them all trying to find a bad sound so I could narrow down to a few options. Turns out there isn’t a bad sound……at least for gain down/volume up pushing my Morris amps. What a pedal! Can’t thank Wayne enough. Guess my regular Griffin Super Drive and 808 Screamer will need to find a new home.

New gear days aren’t always this great, but this one was a banger for me.
Glad you like it !!!

The middle position on the Freq knob is the " stock " setting ... then you have two options either way that'll widen / thicken or narrow / thin out the clipping bandwidth freq ... essentially making the tone fatter or thinner .... a huge help when using it in high gain applications

The clipping knob .... the top selection is stock silicon asymmetrical clipping

2nd is zener's in a symmetrical set up

3rd is a combo of transistors and LED in a asymmetrical setup

4th is LED's in a symmetrical pattern

5th is another type of silicon diode used in a asymmetrical pattern
 

Similar threads

A
Replies
4
Views
4K
DrugDM
D
A
Replies
4
Views
4K
Adam of Angels
A
moltenmetalburn
Replies
4
Views
1K
moltenmetalburn
moltenmetalburn
Back
Top