Craig Ness / Nesstone appreciation (tubes)

Monomyth

I wanted to start a thread as a thank you to Craig and his business, there’s been a tube crunch for the last couple of years after Covid popped off and Craig never gouged his prices directly afterwards, myself and Jeremy (groundzero) / Alain (thermite) were able to source quality tubes from him at a reasonable price. I’ve had some shady business dealings lately with bigger companies selling tubes and wanted to pass the word on, NessTone is a reputable business to support.

Last edited:
The Nesstone branded EL34s on his site (tested in USA) don't indicate where they were actually produced, do you know?

Yea man!! He's good people for sure! been using him for his Nesstone tubes for years. Nice guy too.

So his NessTone branded tubes are Chinese manufactured? True for all types?

Im not sure about that, but he DOES have the actual Beijing 12ax7s that many people love. Known as the “foil getters” 12ax7 that was made in the shuguang factory in the late 80s and early 90s. I happen to dig these, so I bought quite a few.

Im not sure about that, but he DOES have the actual Beijing 12ax7s that many people love. Known as the “foil getters” 12ax7 that was made in the shuguang factory in the late 80s and early 90s. I happen to dig these, so I bought quite a few.
I just ordered one today, balanced triodes NessTone 12ax7, so will get to check it out.

What are their tonal properties ? Bright/dark, etc?

I just picked some of those up too, and concur that Nesstone is great to deal with.

None of my amps needs new tubes at the moment. When I do need to get a set I'll be heading over there. I'll be happy to bring my business to a reputable, honest person.

Bought a 12ax7 tube set off him a few years back. Met him locally at Trader Joes. haha nice guy....although, I haven't even opened the nesstone set of tubes to this day.

Back