Crazy shipping story - Miracle update, found and received

stratjacket

So frustrating it’s comical, thought I’d share.
In April of this year (2021) I ordered a Studio XL desk (https://busoaudio.com/collections/studio/products/studio-xl) from Buso Audio in Hungary. Chatted with them, all was fine, did a lot of research. They said it was taking longer, about 9 weeks to complete. Fine. Ordered.
They finished the desk in October (about 24 weeks), long time but they kept in contact, finished it and shipped it out.

It arrived in a huge freight bundle all wrapped up. I had it placed in my garage. Spent the next month figuring out a new home studio layout and what gear I would put in the racks. So got my gear sorted out and I decided to begin. Tonight I tore down my existing desk, removed all gear (Mac, Studio Monitors, tons of shit, lot of work…) and made space.

Went into the garage, tore down the freight and bam, NO FUCKING DESK.
Instead, I have 32 boxes of small stepper actuator motors. Each box contains 80 motors, so 2,560 of these little bastards!!

What looks like happened is that someone slapped my shipping envelope over top of the original shipping doc. These motors shipped from Hungary and should have gone to a company in Indiana.
I spent an hour on the phone with FedEx, they’re supposed to call me back.
So pissed, but I think they will do something because I believe each of these motors cost anywhere from $65-$250 each from what I can find, so that’s anywhere from $166,000-$640,000 worth of someone’s supply chain…

CAD3A8F8-033A-43C8-B6C9-EB52121A4BC2.jpeg82CC6C67-D861-4CD5-AFC1-52020A33D5B5.jpeg

I was gonna PM you Straight'Jacket..,
I WANT THE MOTORS!
For a nano-second, I thought you were gonna
bust out some Creepshow 4 shit and truely
"get to the bottom" of WTH that mauling beast
was in the 'rusty cage' that was underneath the stairwell...?

I was gonna PM you Straight'Jacket..,
I WANT THE MOTORS!
For a nano-second, I thought you were gonna
bust out some Creepshow 4 shit and truely
"get to the bottom" of WTH that mauling beast
was in the 'rusty cage' that was underneath the stairwell...?
Ha, yeah I think I’d ran if it would have been that crate!!

Looking back, I should have opened the damn thing when it arrived before FedEx left…so stupid. But it had my label and looked about right size wise

After Fedex stiffed me on a insurance claim a few months ago I’d keep them and sell them and call it karma. “F” Fedex

That is crazy. I ordered an amp one time. I was pretty happy with the setup i had at the time. So I didn't open the box with the new amp for months. Nothing happened, but I wondered the whole time if i should open just to make sure everything was ok.

I have a Laboga Mr. Hector sitting at FedEx in Indianapolis. They are telling me that because the head shell is made of wood that I need a permit to import wood into the country. Anyone ever hear of this?

I have a Laboga Mr. Hector sitting at FedEx in Indianapolis. They are telling me that because the head shell is made of wood that I need a permit to import wood into the country. Anyone ever hear of this?
No, never heard of that for a head shell, that’sa little crazy. My desk is made out of wood and it was held in customs until I filled out a form describing what it was, but that’s all.

This is fuckin insanity. Any help from FedEx so far?
Been on the phone all morning, dropped once after 30 minutes…currently this second I’m on with them 54 minutes and counting…
This latest lady is trying her best even though she can do much, I’ll give them that.
Looks like a claim and they will pay Buso Audio and I’ll have to get refunded or something from them. Such a pain in the ass and slim chance of success.

I’m trying to get in touch with the claim officer for the missing motors. I’m going to see if I can work out a deal where I save them from paying this company some Large settlement and just give me my $2k back and be done. But we’ll see

Put on hold and dropped after an hour and 15 minutes…unreal. But they emailed me the forms so going that route. I’ve called 4 times and had start over with new people each time.

Put on hold and dropped after an hour and 15 minutes…unreal. But they emailed me the forms so going that route. I’ve called 4 times and had start over with new people each time.

Dude!!! I had to deal with FedEx last summer. I was on hold 5 or 6 different times for up to an hour and a half each time!!

I had a guitar sitting in a FedEx hub outside of Atlanta for over 3 weeks!! They said the reason was that they were having a shortage of drivers and were backed up weeks in the area. it took me many phone calls and hours on the phone to even get that answer! Eventually the guitar made it to its destination. But, I was stressed, it was a Gibson Axcess and it was sitting in a warehouse that had to be in the 115 degree range. The guy that it was going to was super cool about it, and he kept telling me that they were in the middle of a crazy heat wave and it was over 100 every day that the guitar was in the warehouse. I pictured the heat slowly warping the guitar.

It somehow made it to him ok. I was relieved but super irritated with FedEx. It took so long, and so many long calls to find the guitar. The first week and a half we thought the guitar was lost because they could not tell us where it was!

Man that really is a crazy story. I hope you can get things sorted out eventually. FWIW I just had 3 Fedex packages mis-delivered to my doorstep. Lucky for the owner, I'm a reasonable human and walked them down the street to the correct address listed on the fucking shipping label.

Back