Curious how many guitarists jam and suck at theory?

Bizarre; I've not heard of cases where two members of a forum coincidentally shared the same IP address.

I mean, the odds of it happening by-chance are literally 1 in 100 000 000 000. :dunno:

Bizarre; I've not heard of cases where two members of a forum coincidentally shared the same IP address.

I mean, the odds of it happening by-chance are literally 1 in 100 000 000 000. :dunno:
Yeah, that’s weird. What’s the email address associated with the account?

I’m not super computer savvy but the other thing is I generally use my iPhone on Wi-Fi at my house. How would my IP address be the same if I’ve moved since 2013 and gotten different phones? Doesn’t that usually change the IP address?

Yeah, that’s weird. What’s the email address associated with the account?
I'm not privy to that info mate; only admin can see that stuff.

I’m not super computer savvy but the other thing is I generally use my iPhone on Wi-Fi at my house. How would my IP address be the same if I’ve moved since 2013 and gotten different phones? Doesn’t that usually change the IP address?
Above my pay grade but I suspect it has something to do with your provider account. If you haven't changed it the address would be the same?

These two statements don't quite add up IMHO BTW:

Sorry, im not the person who had that account.
How would my IP address be the same if I’ve moved since 2013 and gotten different phones? Doesn’t that usually change the IP address?
If it is you, no big deal man; I simply pointed out the fact, if it's the case, that you didn't need to create another account.

Yeah I’m not sure what’s that about. There’s no way I’d even have the same IP address since 2013. We’ve moved a few times annd used different cable companies and switched cell phone carriers. Maybe they recycle them now with all the different phones/computes ect.?

I’m 1000% certain that I have never had an account with that username. I have an account on Marshallforum, strat talk, and tdpri. I only really ever use frank52387 as my username or a variation of it so I don’t forget it.

I’m interested how it could be the same IP.

Yeah I’m not sure what’s that about. There’s no way I’d even have the same IP address since 2013. We’ve moved a few times annd used different cable companies and switched cell phone carriers. Maybe they recycle them now with all the different phones/computes ect.?

I’m 1000% certain that I have never had an account with that username. I have an account on Marshallforum, strat talk, and tdpri. I only really ever use frank52387 as my username or a variation of it so I don’t forget it.

I’m interested how it could be the same IP.
There are a finite amount of IP addresses.

This happens all the time, but no one notices unless you have a site mod looking at your IP history for some reason.

Nobody's looking at anyone's IP history brother. It's a simple IP-match thing.

Finite amount? All the time? I've only seen matches when users created alt accounts after having been banned or whatever, never by-accident / coincidence, let alone at one lil' ol geetar forum. What are the odds?

Please enlighten me bro'; I'm no expert at these things.

This is stupid quite frankly.

I’m not associated with that other account. I don’t even know how someone could even have the same IP address 10+ years later unless they had the same provider, modem, computer cell phone, SIM card.

Also, I asked you what the email associated with that other account is?
And was the other account banned?

I joined this forum to try and message glip22 about an elan memran “metalhead” mod for Marshall’s.

Google it and you’ll see there’s only a few videos on YouTube and glip22 talking about it on this board.

Nobody's looking at anyone's IP history brother. It's a simple IP-match thing.

Finite amount? All the time? I've only seen matches when users created alt accounts after having been banned or whatever, never by-accident / coincidence, let alone at one lil' ol geetar forum. What are the odds?

Please enlighten me bro'; I'm no expert at these things.
When you use a cell phone as a hotspot to connect a PC to the Internet, it increases the likelihood of "crossing IP's" with another user on any given site.

He said that's what he was doing.

Also, I asked you what the email associated with that other account is?
... and I answered you Frank:

I'm not privy to that info mate; only admin can see that stuff.

And was the other account banned?
Not at all. I Provided a link to his / her page in my first post to you - post #59 - so you could check out posts / avatar, location etc. if you liked. This might've jogged your memory if indeed it was you.

BTW, if a member is banned a horizontal line appears through his / her name, including on the "home" page.
I joined this forum to try and message glip22 about an elan memran “metalhead” mod for Marshall’s.

Google it and you’ll see there’s only a few videos on YouTube and glip22 talking about it on this board.
I never doubted your intentions mate. No question there. As I said:

If it is you, no big deal man; I simply pointed out the fact, if it's the case, that you didn't need to create another account.

I know JUST enough theory to be dangerous. But when it gets too mathematical, that is when I glaze over completely. I certainly try not to think about it when I am playing, particularly when I am improvising. LATER, I can explain why E Phrygian worked over A Minor :)

Too much music theory is not fun, sometimes demotivating. I like the visual type of learning better, and for me The Chord Wheel was the game changer.

I bought the book and the phone application too. Within minute you can understand how the things are connected.

Last edited:
My philosophy has always been "if it sounds good it works" I think it can help if you struggle writing progressions, but in the end who really cares

Back