Current ‘go to’ Guitar Rig

I’ve been rocking the VH4 lately, but man, for the last year, it’s probably been all Axe FX II. Just love rocking it with blended amps and that Mark 2C++ just kicks ass on there! Playing with my LTD Iron Cross of course. 😎

I’ve been rocking the VH4 lately, but man, for the last year, it’s probably been all Axe FX II. Just love rocking it with blended amps and that Mark 2C++ just kicks ass on there! Playing with my LTD Iron Cross of course. 😎
Oh, and VH4 is through my Mesa Trad 4x12 with V30’s and Diezel FL 4x12 with V30’s. Sometimes at the same time, obviously. 🤘

What do you use for cab speakers? I loaded a 4x12 with Celestion FRFR speakers and power it with a SE Powerstage. I tried with greenbacks and it sounded like there was a blanket over the cab.
Did that work good? I haven’t played around with anything other than stock 4x12 speakers and it always sounds weird to me. I use my axe fx through my headphones. Would like something in the room that kicks ass.

Did that work good? I haven’t played around with anything other than stock 4x12 speakers and it always sounds weird to me. I use my axe fx through my headphones. Would like something in the room that kicks ass.
Man, I just finished a good playing session this moment. At first I hated it, felt dumb/blasphemous for swapping greenbacks for synthetic FRFR, but, after EQ and tweaking I could never go back. It was like ‘lifting a blanket’ off of my cab. I am a self admitted tweaker, so, you have to enjoy using your ears, but, I can confirm that if you do, you will be heavily rewarded. …I’d try a 1x12 first though before jumping in feet first like I did to a 4x12. ..I use FM3 for all EQ/effects/tweaking. All said, there are infinite paths to tune heaven these days; you just have to chose your poison and make it work 🤟.

"Still"? How often do you change Amps? :D

lol, I don't really change amps in that sense, I make it a policy to not sell anything I don't absolutely have to. What I meant is that I've got a decent number of high gain amps around and the Uber Ultra has become my favorite since I got it in May this year. Sure it's only been about seven months, but it's been seven months of pretty active playing and comparing it against my other favorite amps. It's not going anywhere any time soon.

Man, I just finished a good playing session this moment. At first I hated it, felt dumb/blasphemous for swapping greenbacks for synthetic FRFR, but, after EQ and tweaking I could never go back. It was like ‘lifting a blanket’ off of my cab. I am a self admitted tweaker, so, you have to enjoy using your ears, but, I can confirm that if you do, you will be heavily rewarded. …I’d try a 1x12 first though before jumping in feet first like I did to a 4x12. ..I use FM3 for all EQ/effects/tweaking. All said, there are infinite paths to tune heaven these days; you just have to chose your poison and make it work 🤟.
Damn…that’s awesome! I really like having the in the room feel. What speakers did you end up going with and what kind of music are you playing through it? I’m into that Mark 2++/Diezel Vh4 blend.

I have my two 5150-III heads (one into an EVH 2x12, and one into a Friedman 1x12) but I've been using my Orange Super Crush combo at practice and it kills. The MXR 10 Band EQ really brings it to life.

One pedalboard for goofing around and have one for my band with just six pedals.

Attachments

• 20231229_203552.jpg
    20231229_203552.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231229_203601.jpg
    20231229_203601.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231229_203641.jpg
    20231229_203641.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Damn…that’s awesome! I really like having the in the room feel. What speakers did you end up going with and what kind of music are you playing through it? I’m into that Mark 2++/Diezel Vh4 blend.
I was also after the ‘amp in room feel’ I use my Adam monitors and the FRFR 4x12 cab, and, between the two, I have the best of both worlds. I ended up using 4 Celestion F12-X200 8 ohm 200W FRFRs. …full disclosure, I’m a metal head and make great use of Diezel/Mark amps. I have literally not played a clean sound in decades.

lol, I don't really change amps in that sense, I make it a policy to not sell anything I don't absolutely have to. What I meant is that I've got a decent number of high gain amps around and the Uber Ultra has become my favorite since I got it in May this year. Sure it's only been about seven months, but it's been seven months of pretty active playing and comparing it against my other favorite amps. It's not going anywhere any time soon.
I made it a policy that i sell absolutely everything that i don't really need. I'm down to 1 Guitar, 1 Amp, 1 Cab and 1 Pedal.
If you had to choose 1 of each, what would that be?

I was also after the ‘amp in room feel’ I use my Adam monitors and the FRFR 4x12 cab, and, between the two, I have the best of both worlds. I ended up using 4 Celestion F12-X200 8 ohm 200W FRFRs. …full disclosure, I’m a metal head and make great use of Diezel/Mark amps. I have literally not played a clean sound in decades.
This I must investigate further. I too am a metal head, especially that very percussive rhythm used in thrashy type metal (mainly Metallica). Have been chasing that newer blended tone Hetfield has been using. Such a good tone! Obviously, with my own signature on it so I can claim it, but I know where the inspiration came from. Lol. I will be looking into this as it would open up a whole new world for me!

Back