Czajkowski-Minnemann album: NOW AVAILABLE (download added)

From the May 18th Hectic Watermelon Newsletter:

West ZooOpolis, featuring Marco Minnemann is now available at Abstract Logix and many other distributers. To recap, this album was written over a tremendous 51-minute drum performance Marco recorded and then invited me and several other composers to compose around including Trey Gunn (King Crimson), Mike Keneally (Zappa, Vai, etc.), Alex Machacek (UKZ, Planet X, etc.), and Phi Yaan-Zek. There is a nice 10 minute sampler at Abstract Logix you can download to get a tour through many of the 20 gapless tracks as I sectioned it. Addionally, there is an interview posted at Abstract Logix on the deep, dark secret world behind the making of this album.

http://www.abstractlogix.com/interview_view.php?idno=127

Thanks for the support from: Ernie Ball Musicman guitars, Suhr Guitars, Deering Banjos, Egnater amplifiers, DiMarzio pickups, Port City cabinets, Evidence Audio cables, Tonefreak and XTS pedals, Sound Sculpture audio routing matrixes, and Fractal Audio Systems (makers of the Axe FX).

Lastly, please don’t forget to go check out Trey Gunn’s CD, Modulator, as well as Alex Machacek’s CD 24 Tales which were composed around Marco’s drum performance. Marco also put together an album of his own! We are still waiting for Mike Keneally and Phi Yen-Zek to release their versions as well. I have heard some in full and just parts of others, but what I can tell you is that the creativity and unique voices of each composer and the wealth of opportunities provided by Marco’s beautiful playing give you several highly distinct albums in this ambitious project.

Congrats John! I remember you played me some of that drum solo/composition in your studio and being blown away..can't wait to hear the final product!

:rock:
Anthony

Ahh jeeez, I forgot to mention that big Ed D takes a wild fretless solo on the end of the tune Viking Rats. Thanks Ed!

glassjaw7":157xtyha said:
I definitely want to check this out! I love that HW album. :thumbsup:

Thanks man, although this is a VERY different album from The Great American Road Trip, you may definitely hear some echos in there. :)

My pleasure John, thanks for having me and introducing me to Marco. I'm trying to get the scheduling together for a Baked Potato gig with him, but he's out of town so much right now.
Yeah, I noticed I wasn't mentioned on the ABLX press release .

How's life for ya? Next time you come up my way lets grab a bite.

Way cool, congrats on finishing up John! I was wondering where you have been, hope all is well.

Will pick this up tomorrow to add to the HW disk.

Thanks so much for the support guys. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to finally share this with everyone.

70strathead":1ab184lx said:
Congrats John! I remember you played me some of that drum solo/composition in your studio and being blown away..can't wait to hear the final product!

:rock:
Anthony

Thanks Anthony, please check out the sampler if you have a moment.

http://www.abstractlogix.com/audio/west_zoo/sampler.mp3

It actually takes you through over half o fthe 20 tracks in the best way I could get them to morph from one to the next. Also, check your email later today. ;)

Ugh.......shipping May 18th!

Bought mine and the demo is incredible, I am pretty amazed by the concept of this being around a 52 minute drum session.

WAY over my abilities :LOL: :LOL:

CaseyCor, thanks very much. Yes, there is quite a lot to enjoy with Marco's drumming. He's like seven drummers in one body.

Yo Ed, I rarely make it up to LA, but when I do you are so on!

Digital Jams":3m2bjugs said:
Ugh.......shipping May 18th!

Bought mine and the demo is incredible, I am pretty amazed by the concept of this being around a 52 minute drum session.

WAY over my abilities :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for your support and endless enthusiasm about my music. Very much appreciated. Writing around the solo was very constricting in many ways, but it was also very liberating believe it or not.

Update: thanks to a special arrangement with Abstract Logix, pre-order customers will not have to wait to hear this beast! You can be sent a link to download the full album if you send the following information to orders@hecticwatermelon.com:
1. Order date
2. Order number
3. Email address you used for order
4. Email address to receive download link if different from number 3 above.
Once this is confirmed by a human, your link will be sent.

This shouldn't take more than 24 hours at the very most.

Thanks again for letting Marco and I share this with you!

CaseyCor, thanks very much. Yes, there is quite a lot to enjoy with Marco's drumming. He's like seven drummers in one body.

You're quite welcome sir! You're playing is mind blowing to me, in every aspect of the term.

And you are 100% correct about Marco. He makes me want to quit playing drums :LOL: :LOL:

Here's a cool review from the inside at Chris Taylor’s (Sub-D) blog. Thanks!:

New John Czajkowski/Marco Minnemann: West ZooOpolis album

Composer / Guitarist John Czajkowski's Herculean task of composing music around a 52-minute freely improvised drum performance by Marco Minnemann is quite impressive in both concept and result. I had the opportunity to listen to this work progress almost from the ground up and even played a small part in co-writing and playing on 2 of the 20 tracks, which gave me a unique micro view into the enormous work John undertook with this project.

What remains most impressive to me is the music itself. John somehow managed to weave a beautiful and original musical narrative into Marco's wildly polyrhythmic and virtuosic improvisation with themes ranging from intense Zappa-esque orchestrations to ECM like sonic pastels and everything imaginable in between, all of which flow gracefully together to create a disc which never sounds forced or scholastic and takes the listener on a dramatic sonic ride that should not be missed.

With "West ZooOpolis" John Czajkowski and Marco Minnemann have created an outstanding work that needs to be heard !

Pre order, read more and download a sampler here:
http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/prod ... ctid=24621

Get it!

c

Update number 3: (Saturday, 8 May)

Thanks to a special arrangement with Abstract Logix, a download link is now automatically being sent to everyone who orders a copy of West ZooOpolis before the official Abstract Logix release date of 18 May 2010. So, as of now, there is no need to send any email to request the download link. A heartfelt thank you from Marco and I to everyone who has helped make this the top seller at Abstract Logix.

To hear the (quite thorough) sampler, read the press release and order a copy, just go to Abstract Logix.

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/prod ... 277&page=1

Got your email John, between Nashville being under water and having to play disaster recovery and my teen yelling that I am causing a lag while he is playing pretend soldier I have not downloaded yet. I hope to tomorrow and it will be in the mix during the 7 year old's party.

Got mine several days ago John and will post some thoughts after the weekend grind while spending quality time in the yard :doh: :rock:

Back