D-moll and Boss Es-5 Help, I'm an idiot

studiodunn

If anyone has experience with the D-Moll and a boss switcher can you please explain to me how you got them communicating. I've tried the amp in Omni mode and all 7 individual channels and I can't get them to work it out.

I have used the boss with several other midi devices and never hit a wall like this. I'm a couple hours into it and losing my mind. I've followed all the walk throughs I could find and nada.
Example -
I am setting the D-Moll on Ch7 MUTE held down ch2 and 3 lights on
Boss preset 1 - Midi patch 1 / CH7 and PC# does nothing. No ctrl or cc# set

I tried setting the Boss Midi Settings to DEV ID 7 and it didn't help either.

I had both a few years & it worked
I think 1 or Omni? It should work on any of the channels if they are the same on each

I had both a few years & it worked
I think 1 or Omni? It should work on any of the channels if they are the same on each
Yeah, it obviously isn’t this hard but I’m struggling with this amp.

amp on ch7
Patch - MIDI 1 / Ch7, write
Hold mute, hit preset FS then store twice
Write again

I’m using the boss to control an H9 as well so Omni isn’t going to work, but I went direct from the Boss to the Diezel and tried all channels including Omni and still get no response from the amp.

Update: I pulled the chassis and noticed someone has been into this amp. It looks like its wired right, the soldering is a little ugly, but there is continuity on all the pins. Question is why was it worked on?

I'm borrowing another midi controller before I start blaming it on the amp and not the user.

IMG_8449.jpg
IMG_8446.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Peter. I wasn’t happy about the fact it was worked on but just needed the midi to work and I would have overlooked it.

It was the in jack that had new wires and the thru jack that was mounted on the wrong side.

on the hunt for another.

Back