Damn it!! MORE tube questions!

The Udo

Ok guys...here´s the scoop!

Been reading up on some tubes flying around the topics on the board and I got some questions!

First of all, what´s the difference between the JJ EL34´s and the E34L´s?
And secondly, the Teslovak E34LS´s...where can I get hold of them for a good price within EU?

Thx a bunch guys!

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":zhjzgwwg said:
jj el34-more traditional el34 sound

jj e34l- more wattage, deeper low

Not in europe, so ehh, sorry.

Ok!! Thanks man! So it´s safe to say that E34L´s is more suitable for heavy rythm and fater (more aggressive?)

I don't know about more aggressive, but definitely fatter/deeper, more headroom. So yeah, I guess you could say that, maybe. They're pretty close, if anything the cleans are definitely improved because of the bigger lowend over the el34 version. Headroom I wanna say makes them a little tighter, been a bit since I heard the el34 version though.

Edit: Also to add, it is the most agro of the three tubes everyone seems to like(Ruby,SED,JJ).

hasnt been said that the teslovak E34L are just relabeled JJs?

EDIT sys: ignore my post, i confused the teslovaks with TAD EL34-CZ i think...

Alright!!

Sounds like the E34L´s are the way to go then. I really like a wall of sound and if the cleans are better then it´s just golden :D

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":3lxf0uwv said:
jj e34l- more wattage, deeper low

No! It has about 20% more headroom, and a deeper, tighter low end and a bit punchier and more aggressive.

It can take up to 700pv, but the wattage is the same as the JJEL34.

El34 is 25watts, E34L is about 30watts, wattage= headroom, the rest of it, yeah, I'm sure you're right. Like I was sayin', been awhile since I compared the two, but you're basically saying the same thing I said minus the extra aggression, which I even said I wasn't sure about. I apoligize if it appears I'm getting heated over this but I'm not, just sayin'.

Edit: 25/30=.83, A 25 watt tube is about 80% the power of an e34L(30watt) tube, hence, 20% more headroom/higher wattage.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":5q4cfpl4 said:
El34 is 25watts, E34L is about 30watts, wattage= headroom, the rest of it, yeah, I'm sure you're right. Like I was sayin', been awhile since I compared the two, but you're basically saying the same thing I said minus the extra aggression, which I even said I wasn't sure about. I apoligize if it appears I'm getting heated over this but I'm not, just sayin'.

Edit: 25/30=.83, A 25 watt tube is about 80% the power of an e34L(30watt) tube, hence, 20% more headroom.

I typoed, it’s actually 19.968786757465643655352% more head room. :aww:

Hartmut":4n7qvav0 said:
20% - 19.968786757465643655352% = 0.0312132425356344647% difference... :doh: :doh: :doh:

That's pretty much what I was driving at. ~0.0312% less headroom, but exhibits a woodier, organic, macrobiotic, green, blue ray tooth tone with a hint of brown gooeyness topped off with a high low-low-mid-mid-cut-high-mid-ultra-high range in the red-shift spectrum and bandwidth bus. I think it's a winner! [:

Back