Deals missed out on...

jkkkjkhk

We see threads where someone got an amazing deal and we wonder how they got so lucky. What are some deals you've come across but for whatever reason you had to miss out on it?

Yesterday on CL I saw a pawn shop with a charvel bass for $200. I check it out and it's a 3B, neck through, active PJ, MIJ, late 80s... for only $200. My old bassist had one and it was an amazing guitar, he paid $600 for his. Called them after work today to stop by and check it out and it already sold.

Another time a few years back there was a Digitech WH1 whammy in mint condition with original box, all paperwork, even receipt for only $100!!! Apparently someone else was watching it cause it sold within a couple hours.

Couple weeks ago I found a Mesa Mark IIC+ 60w combo, w/ GEQ and export tranny for $800. Another IIC+ 60/100 for $1200, and a third IIC (not modded) simulclass for $800. Didn't have the money at the time but all 3 sellers wouldn't ship, so oh well. :cry:

What deals have you guys missed out on?

This was like 7 years ago but there was a caparison delliger natural on eBay. Was watching it, and I passed on bidding for money reasons. It sold for $750 mint. I kick myself just thinking about it. I may have not won it, but that final sale price was killer.

my buddy in LA was selling Jake E Lee's old red modded Marshall! The amp sounded so, so, so , so good! I don't remember who modded it, but it was from his time with ozzy I think? anyhow, the mod was fairly extensive, and it had a lot of killer tone shaping capabilities. this was around 2004 or 2005 and he said to just give him 500 bucks!!! I was super busy at the time, and he didn't want to ship it, and I didn't feel like driving all the way to LA at the time to get it so he sold it to a guy we knew. I am not sure where the amp ended up? who ever has the amp is one lucky guy. I remember the amp having the best sounding feedback, it was a great amp, and I think quite often how stupid it was to pass on it. A red modded Marshall plexi, you cant go wrong!

mooncobra":2zx2c8kt said:
my buddy in LA was selling Jake E Lee's old red modded Marshall! The amp sounded so, so, so , so good! I don't remember who modded it, but it was from his time with ozzy I think? anyhow, the mod was fairly extensive, and it had a lot of killer tone shaping capabilities. this was around 2004 or 2005 and he said to just give him 500 bucks!!! I was super busy at the time, and he didn't want to ship it, and I didn't feel like driving all the way to LA at the time to get it so he sold it to a guy we knew. I am not sure where the amp ended up? who ever has the amp is one lucky guy. I remember the amp having the best sounding feedback, it was a great amp, and I think quite often how stupid it was to pass on it. A red modded Marshall plexi, you cant go wrong!
Ouch.... :aww:
Man that pains me to read this. :LOL: :LOL:
Hind sight 20/20 right? ;)

Bogner Rev.2 for $900. Needed work but probably minor. I saw it first but didn't get paid till the next week. Another forum guy snagged it.

VHT 100cl on eBay for under $500. A couple eq sliders broke but the eq still worked. I literally just paid for my ultra lead and couldn't spend another $500.

Marshall TSL 60 head, 1960A cab, and the super rare marshall rack effects processor. All for $350. I tried to get it, the problem was I was the second person to call on it, and of course the first person bought it.

I don't normally miss out on stupid good deals. If it pops up on CL for WAY below market value, it's mine, and I flip it.

Mailman1971":3bfrla4v said:
mooncobra":3bfrla4v said:
Ouch.... :aww:
Man that pains me to read this. :LOL: :LOL:
Hind sight 20/20 right? ;)

hind sight!!! the amp was really bad ass, it sounded incredible!

1968 Les Paul Custom

$2000 in 2002 that's what the pawn shop gave my friend.

I could have got it out of pawn for him...if I had the cash.

I didn't have the cash.

Mpls Craigslist 2 years ago....AFD 100 for 1000. Emailed the guy, he called me...but I missed the call. Tried calling him back but never got through...was gone that night. Damn.

Working at Guitar Center we regularly bought in used LPC's, normal price we paid was $1500. 70s, 00's, 80s... same price. If once I had cash on me I would own a LPC now.

Back