Delays like the Lexicon PCM 41

the aXeman

Any of you guys know of any "newer" units that sound like/close the Lexicon PCM 41?? I know I've seen some PCM/SDE love on here before... I know Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P. utilized it for his chorus sound by using it for a doubling effect utilizing the VCO section... I'd like to try a similar experiment but I'd like to try to find a newer unit instead of shelling out a few hunge for an older unit that already has a lot of miles on it... I've heard the Hardwire DL-8 is a great start... Any DL-8 guys here that think that'd give me the desired effect? Any other suggestions out there??

DL-8 sounds scary close to my old Roland SDE-1000. The Modulation isn't adjustable on the DL-8, but it's just the right amount. Subtle but adds a ton of width to the tone!

MrDan666":29aznvkq said:
DL-8 sounds scary close to my old Roland SDE-1000. The Modulation isn't adjustable on the DL-8, but it's just the right amount. Subtle but adds a ton of width to the tone!

Thanks Dan! It was actually your post in another thread that lead me onto the DL-8 in the first place!! haha I'll check it out!

the aXeman":2toy70rv said:
MrDan666":2toy70rv said:

Thanks Dan! It was actually your post in another thread that lead me onto the DL-8 in the first place!! haha I'll check it out!

Haha i have been known to pimp out the DL-8 on the forums from time to time :D :rock:

Haha i have been known to pimp out the DL-8 on the forums from time to time :D :rock:
i have no idea how to get different sounds with pedal and stuff because I've used a digital amp pretty much all my life and just started getting other amps, pedals, and gear. Do you know good setting on the DL-8 to get that big/fat chris holmes double-sounding tone?

Look at the Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe.

It has a PCM 42 factory patch. Turn off the modulation & go from there.

Back