Did anyone just see that Obama speech?

cloudnine

Goddamn. That may well have been one of the best messages I've ever seen.

McCain's in comparison looked like a joke.

Whether you support his policies or not, at least you must agree the man is such a refreshing change from the same old, status quo, content to be complacent politicians.

I hope he takes it all the way and makes good on his promises.

trey85stang":tbq4i86r said:
im sure he will do fine as long as clinton isnt his vp.

There's no way he'll pick her. She adds so much baggage that any gains she brought in would be negated.

Plus, the attack ads would write themselves, given how she's treated him during the primaries. "If his own VP didn't think he was up for the job..." etc.

cloudnine":1j5vvy79 said:
I hope he takes it all the way and makes good on his promises.

Grown up man to his wife: "I swear honey, they're just so cute when they're young, cuddly and adoreable like this".

Straight from his books, make your own conclusion as to the future of our country in his hands.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope:
'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

oooo, but he's going to take all the guns away from the rednecks and take money out of all your checks to support those on welfare. ;)

Plexihacker":sp2f8f3r said:
I liked Obama much better when I didn't know much about him. Go figure. :confused:

Yeah, I agree with you. I actually saw him speak in Feb. or March (can't remember) and he is an amazing speaker. But it all reminded of smoke and mirrors. My cousin and I kept tallies of how many times he said "hope" and "change" and tried to keep track of all of the JFK analogies. When I saw him, he provided answers, but no solutions. Not to say candidate A, B, C, or D is better, but once I was able to get past the style, there seemed to be little substance. Hopefully he will provide more of that (substance) in the general election so I can make an educated decision on who to vote for.

**Flame suit on**

ttosh":3flurx04 said:
Straight from his books, make your own conclusion as to the future of our country in his hands.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope:
'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Sweet, you got the chain e-mail too?

I've actually READ the books, and all of those are deliberately taken out of context - as anyone with any common sense could tell. Anyone with any modicum of critical examination would also realize he was taking personal inventory and examining how he felt at a young age.

At least he has the honesty to discuss all those things.

Read the book.

And read this too, while you're at it. One of those things aren't even his own words. Stop relying on fucking chain e-mails to make up your mind for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

cloudnine":1xye4hl1 said:
ttosh":1xye4hl1 said:

From Audacity of Hope:

Sweet, you got the chain e-mail too?

I've actually READ the book, and all of those are deliberately taken out of context - as anyone with any common sense could tell. Anyone with any modicum of critical examination would also realize he was taking personal inventory and examining how he felt at a young age.

At least he has the honesty to discuss all those things.

Read the book.

And read this too, while you're at it. One of those things aren't even his own words. Stop relying on fucking chain e-mails to make up your mind for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

I did get the email, and I did get the book and read it, so do not assume what I have read or not. I also know what church he went to and raised his kids in, as well as his unpatriotic wife, on and on and on. It is bad enough I do not buy into the liberal take from those who do to give to those who don't, but he adds a whole new level to it. Those are my thoughts, you do what you want. :rock:

ttosh":26e72ce0 said:

From Audacity of Hope:

The quote about the Muslims is just ridiculous. Will America ever get past the stereotype that ALL Muslims are evil? As if Catholics and Christians, and folks from all religions don't have their own fanatics, like they don't all have horrible people in their ranks.

Oh and about his church. I'm white. Like lily-white. My mother is Italian and Irish....and was baptized in that church. My Aunt from my mother's side was MARRIED in that church. I was baptized in that church. We're far from "unpatriotic" and we're definitely not racist to ANYONE. Judging a man by his church and his pastor is akin to judging him by his color or religion. He has no control over those people, and who's to say he wholeheartedly agrees with those people. Really now, come on.

[/quote]
I did get the email, and I did get the book and read it, so do not assume what I have read or not. I also know what church he went to and raised his kids in, as well as his unpatriotic wife, on and on and on. It is bad enough I do not buy into the liberal take from those who do to give to those who don't, but he adds a whole new level to it. Those are my thoughts, you do what you want. :rock:[/quote]

Yeah, Obama wants to steal all your money and give it to those negroes at Trinity United Church.

Don't forget that he agrees 100% with everything that's said at his church, even when he isn't present. Oh wait, he totally disagreed with his former pastor. I'm sure you and your pastor agree on every issue, ever.

God forbid his wife express her opinion on politics. If I lived in the neo-con dark age that the U.S. is currently experiencing, I wouldn't be proud of my country's politics either. Noone can express discontent without being unpatriotic - the Republican line hook and sinker. Everybody should be proud of their country all the time and not disagree.

ZielGuitarist":2f76y57x said:
ttosh":2f76y57x said:

From Audacity of Hope:

The quote about the Muslims is just ridiculous. Will America ever get past the stereotype that ALL Muslims are evil? As if Catholics and Christians, and folks from all religions don't have their own fanatics, like they don't all have horrible people in their ranks.

Oh and about his church. I'm white. Like lily-white. My mother is Italian and Irish....and was baptized in that church. My Aunt from my mother's side was MARRIED in that church. I was baptized in that church. We're far from "unpatriotic" and we're definitely not racist to ANYONE. Judging a man by his church and his pastor is akin to judging him by his color or religion. He has no control over those people, and who's to say he wholeheartedly agrees with those people. Really now, come on.

I do not disagree with you, but if I attended a church that preached hate as his has done I would go elsewhere. It shows his overall acceptance of this behavior. The comment was made by him not me on the Muslims, I never said that all Muslims were bad just pointed out his comment. I am republican anyway so I do not buy into the liberal belief that you take from the working man to give to the lazy bastard. I do not trust him or his wife based on my own research and watching him, those are my opinions just as you have yours.

ttosh":1c9m3wkr said:
ZielGuitarist":1c9m3wkr said:
ttosh":1c9m3wkr said:

From Audacity of Hope:

I do not disagree with you, but if I attended a church that preached hate as his has done I would go elsewhere. It shows his overall acceptance of this behavior. The comment was made by him not me on the Muslims, I never said that all Muslims were bad just pointed out his comment. I am republican anyway so I do not buy into the liberal belief that you take from the working man to give to the lazy bastard. I do not trust him or his wife based on my own research and watching him, those are my opinions just as you have yours.

His quote about Muslims can be taken as if he'd side with the radical sects. It's like if certain Catholics went crazy (again) and the rest of the religion were persecuted and profiled for it, and I said I'd stand by Catholics. I would, I'm Catholic. Would I condone the radical individuals? Hell no. I don't think he would either. Of course he could leave the church, but some people have such strong ties to something that they can look past the negative "superfluous" aspects of something. Like me being in a band. I love it, and I accept I have no social life, but who cares? I could go on and on, but my beer's kicking in, and I dunno how long I'll be able to form coherent sentences.

cloudnine":lds19hpf said:
Yeah, Obama wants to steal all your money and give it to those negroes at Trinity United Church.

Don't forget that he agrees 100% with everything that's said at his church, even when he isn't present. Oh wait, he totally disagreed with his former pastor. I'm sure you and your pastor agree on every issue, ever.

God forbid his wife express her opinion on politics. If I lived in the neo-con dark age that the U.S. is currently experiencing, I wouldn't be proud of my country's politics either. Noone can express discontent without being unpatriotic - the Republican line hook and sinker. Everybody should be proud of their country all the time and not disagree.

Sean,
Seriously, don't you have some moose turds to scoop up out of your backyard? You know there's a border between where you live and where this is all taking place? You know none of us give a shit what YOU think about OUR presidential election. And this isn't Harmony Central. Take your inflammatory political nonsense back there.

I'll tell you when I'll care what your opinion is...... when you have graduated from college. When you are off the tit. When you have a real job and support yourself. Until then, I'm really not interested in what ever semester you're ins current political science teacher taught you today. Fix your own country. Than you can start on ours.

It's cool, and you do not want to form incoherent sentences :D . To each his own, I understand what you are saying and I can only go by what I have seen on TV. I know that I disagree with my pastor on some things as well. However if my pastor made statements like those I heard I would cut my ties as it goes against my core beliefs and hatred does not belong in church. I liked Obama a lot in the beginning and remember I am a Republican. The more I watched him and listened he has really turned me off, that is just me though and to each his own. I could go on also but I would prefer to go back to gear talk, it is much more fun and something I can actually control today. :rock:

Chubtone":e57zvfym said:
cloudnine":e57zvfym said:

Sean,
Seriously, don't you have some moose turds to scoop up out of your backyard? You know there's a border between where you live and where this is all taking place? You know none of us give a shit what YOU think about OUR presidential election. And this isn't Harmony Central. Take your inflammatory political nonsense back there.

I'll tell you when I'll care what your opinion is...... when you have graduated from college. When you are off the tit. When you have a real job and support yourself. Until then, I'm really not interested in what ever semester you're ins current political science teacher taught you today. Fix your own country. Than you can start on ours.

I'm a music student, no polisci here :)

It's sad that you don't think anyone who hasnt GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE or been through such life experiences as HAVING YOUR OWN APARTMENT should have an opinion on anything. These have nothing to do with the issue at hand, ie, Barack Obama. If you don't want to post anything about Barack Obama, that's fine.

What's a "real job", by the way? I have a job - I work fulltime at it right now, in fact. Is a "real job" where you have to shit on other people for having opinions from your high horse?

But you're right; noone should have an opinion on anything unless it involves them directly. If that was true, there'd be no Iraq war. Hey, maybe you're right!

I'll tell you when I care about what people think I should post. :confused:

ttosh, I have no problem with differing opinions. I just hate dishonesty. Rock on if you think Obama isn't right for the nation, I just get really angry really fast when e-mails like that that spread disinformation are disseminated.

personally i don't get the part about him being a great speaker myself?

sure i'm a white trash ultra conservative redneck, but i'm willing to acknowledge a decent bullshit slinger when i see one. and he sure ain't very good at it!

Back