Diezel 4x12 Cab Speaker Question

Looking for some insight/feedback on a Diezel 4x12 cab I just purchased.

I received it today, and popped the back off to check a few things.
To my surprise, this cab is loaded with Eminence speakers. I was expecting V30s.
Wiring looks original.
Anyone know if older Diezel cabs came these speakers?
Attaching a picture of the speaker jack for reference on the timeframe of the cabinet as well.

Attachments

• Djack.jpg
    Djack.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • DSpeak1.jpg
    DSpeak1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 79
  • DSpeak2.jpg
    DSpeak2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
I have a few Diezel Cabs, and still own them. One that has the red plastic screw cap on the jack plate.
That is NOT a German made Diezel cab. Mine sounds great, it's simply not a German made Diezel.

I am pretty sure there was a time when a company in CA made some cabs (either for Diezel or with Peter's permission) and I believe that is one of those. I could be mistaken, yet that was the "talk" a while back.

As for speakers, the possibilities are endless. I mean, someone could have swapped them. That's an older cab, pre- 2000 maybe, I forget when I actually got mine. My German made 4x12 cabs came direct with K100 Celestions and also V30 Celestions. Some come with a mix.

Regardless, the jack plate indicates a CA made cab...as far as I know.
Bottom line, does it sound good??

If the www talk is credible, these speaker where OEM products by Eminence for Diezel, probably mainly for the US market.
However, I have two of them as well (live in Germany).

To me they sound quite mellow, kinda lack treble; any sizzle of higain is filtered out quite a bit.
Also there is a prominent mid peak, more in the "aw" range, other than in the "iiiieeehhh" range like on Vintage 30's. Plus they seem to not add too much compression/drive artefacts as a V30 does. Stay quite tight on bass at higher volume levels.

I am not sure if I like these, they seem to make my hi gain sound a bit too dull, even with rather trebly sounding amps. Different higain amps seem to sound more equal, than they do with other speakers.
Maybe they're not for higain, or simply not for me :)
I just got them for dirt cheap, and they are said to be based on the Eminence Legend V128's, so I thought, why not.
But the D12V8's have a large magnet, which will result in a difference compared to the V128. I don't have V128's (any more), so I can't really say. That "aw" mid peak I kinda remember as well from the V128's I had some years ago.

Would like to hear more about them, maybe also form the Diezel folks themselves. I somwhere read Peter liked V30s better... :unsure:
:p

They weren't for me.
No real 'punch' if you will, and as odd as it might be, the clean tones were anemic.
Still looking. Might go looking at a 4x12 w/V30s.

Thanks all for the feedback and info.

Back