Diezel Einstein OR Bogner Ecstasy

Echoes

I knew I would regret selling my 50 watt Einstein...I am going to get another, OR should I get an Ecstasy....

Which is prefered here?

:|::QBB:
Bob Savage":cea53 said:
They're way different. What are you looking for? Neither will sound like the other.

+1

I haven't played an einstein, but based on clips they do sound very different. What don't you like about the Einstein you had?

I couldnt afford to keep it and the plexi amps I currently have...the only MINOR thing I didnt like about the Einstein was that the 'solo' channel needed a little more top end sizzle so it was difficult to dial in the global presence where it worked for all the channels.

what are the tonal differences?

(I LOVED the Einstein and probably will get another but wanted to get feedback on an Ecstasy)

Echoes":1e1fe said:
what are the tonal differences?

<enter various subjective terminology regarding sound>Hmmmmm...</enter various subjective terminology regarding sound>

Sorry to seem so unhelpful, but they're so different that it might be best to describe what about them is similar.

Both can do clean, mid and high gain tones.

Bob Savage":a721f said:

<enter various subjective terminology regarding sound>Hmmmmm...</enter various subjective terminology regarding sound>

Sorry to seem so unhelpful, but they're so different that it might be best to describe what about them is similar.

Both can do clean, mid and high gain tones.

which do you 'personally' prefer?

The Bogner can do heavier rhythm tones better, the Einstein has a better clean channel, and I'd give a slight edge to the Bogner for mid gain tones, IMO. They both have an awesome lead tone, but I prefer the Bogner in that category as well.

Echoes":39a8d said:

which do you 'personally' prefer?

I have not owned an Einstein and only played them a few times. I will say, however, that the Ecstasy was my least favorite of the Bogners I've owned. I think it's a great amp and especially liked the blue channel on my Classic, but for my taste the Shiva and Uberschall were a better fit.

How's that for another non-answer? :D

Bob Savage":b80c2 said:

I have not owned an Einstein and only played them a few times. I will say, however, that the Ecstasy was my least favorite of the Bogners I've owned. I think it's a great amp and especially liked the blue channel on my Classic, but for my taste the Shiva and Uberschall were a better fit.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack but Bob, do you think a Shiva make a nice compliment to my IV as a second amp?

Bob Savage":4dbf0 said:

thanks, thats what I was looking for...what music style do you play?

Megadeth7684":ca7d8 said:
The Bogner can do heavier rhythm tones better, the Einstein has a better clean channel, and I'd give a slight edge to the Bogner for mid gain tones, IMO. They both have an awesome lead tone, but I prefer the Bogner in that category as well.

dood...your avatar is increasing my blood pressure... :LOL:

Random Hero":9eb27 said:

Sorry, not meaning to hijack but Bob, do you think a Shiva make a nice compliment to my IV as a second amp?

I'm not sure what you're looking to accomplish, but I can say that the Shiva is differnt enough from the MKIV that you certainly won't be covering the same ground. Being a Petrucci nut like you are though, I don't know if you'll enjoy the Shiva. It's intentionally very vintage and saggy (actually has a sag circuit) feeling.

Echoes":8df7d said:

thanks, thats what I was looking for...what music style do you play?

Updated 80's music. :D

Checkout my website. All of the tunes on my album are there for free. 90% of the rhythms are Uberschall with 10% being my "Super Shiva," and 95+% of the leads are my Super Shiva with the rest being the Uber.

Echoes":3c4e4 said:

dood...your avatar is increasing my blood pressure... :LOL:

Haha! :LOL:

tiffany-toth-04.jpg

:eek: :love:

Echoes":457ac said:
I knew I would regret selling my 50 watt Einstein...I am going to get another, OR should I get an Ecstasy....

Which is prefered here?

Just curious if you've played a JVM yet? If not, give it a whirl and it might save you a lot of money if you dig it. Personally, i like i better than the XTV or Einstein.

Bob Savage":0cbef said:

I'm not sure what you're looking to accomplish, but I can say that the Shiva is differnt enough from the MKIV that you certainly won't be covering the same ground. Being a Petrucci nut like you are though, I don't know if you'll enjoy the Shiva. It's intentionally very vintage and saggy (actually has a sag circuit) feeling.

I caught a couple of episodes of Rockstar Supernova, the guitarist - Rafael Moreira - was using Shivas, and I fell in love with the tone. And his playing. The fact that it is those things you mentioned only serves to draw me to it even more for some reason.

Problem being, I'd need to take a risk on it, as Bogners are so rare here.

thanks for the input...this guy took $2600 for this amp so I;ll let you know what it sounds like when I get it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/purple-bogner-ecstasy-kt-88-101b_W0QQitemZ250116161234QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Haha, oh shit, it's that Purple one!!

That's atleast it's second stint on eBay, I can't believe it hasn't sold. If I had the cash, that would be mine.

Random Hero":9e782 said:
Haha, oh shit, it's that Purple one!!

That's atleast it's second stint on eBay, I can't believe it hasn't sold. If I had the cash, that would be mine.

if it aint any good then 'purple' would prolly make er easier to sell...kinda different look etc...at least my curiosity will be satisfied.

I liked my ProMod Splawn with KT88s so it should be interesting hearing Bogner's version...

Bob Savage":9c17c said:

I agree, I had a Shiva and Mark IV at the same time and found the same result. :thumbsup:

Back