Diezel Hagen Prototype - How to connect the FS7 HA

Dr. Marvin Monroe

Hi Peter,

I own one of the Hagen prototype you sold me when I was visiting you in your workshop back in 2008. Lately I got hold of a current production Hagen footswitch for the later production models, which goes nicely with the silver faceplate. Anyway, the prototype does not have a standard jack but an XLR connector where labeled „footswitch“. In my mind it should be possible to plug it and use it if the right pins are connected, right? Would appreciate your input regarding the pin layout if this is possible before starting to solder or experimenting…Thx

The Hagen I have has a TS / TRS jack labeled for the FS7HA (next to the tuner out and the compensated out) in addition to a 3 pin xlr connector labeled Columbus (next to the midi jacks). Hope that helps.

The Hagen I have has a TS / TRS jack labeled for the FS7HA (next to the tuner out and the compensated out) in addition to a 3 pin xlr connector labeled Columbus (next to the midi jacks). Hope that helps.
Ok, but that is my point: the production model has the TRS jack and the XLR dedicated to the Columbus Midi, while the Prototype has not TRS but only a XLR labeled „footswitch“. As the amp has also midi jacks like a VH4 to connect to a Midi Controller, it would be fair to assume that the XLR works analog to what the TRS does on the production model. Question would be if true and what would be the XLR pins to connect to mimic the TRS?

Back