Diezel VH4-2 pedal

BatmansRigTalk

http://www.diezelusa.com/diezelpedals/diezel-vh4-pedal-2
The USA version has Master 2 on the left and Master 1 on the right.

https://www.thomann.de/cz/diezel_vh4_2_pedal.htm
The European version has Master 1 on the left and Master 2 on the right.

So when watching videos I have to pay attention to which one is being used.

I take it that regardless of which pedal, Master 1 for channel 3 of the VH4, and Master 2 for channel 4.

Can someone explain to me what Master 1 and 2 are best for? Is one more a lead tone than the other? Or are they just both different channels and work it out yourself?

Do you also boost it sometimes with an OD in front with the gain set to zero? Or will that just make mud of the tone?

Thanks.

Yeah it is basically just for different channels so you can hit the switch and have the other channel dialed in differently for more or less gain/volume. So your example would be great to have the volume set higher on one to really punch in for solo work.

The issue I have with ANY of the Diezel pedals is not which switch turns ON master 1, but there is no pass-thru signal when the pedal is off!

The issue I have with ANY of the Diezel pedals is not which switch turns ON master 1, but there is no pass-thru signal when the pedal is off!

I am not sure what you mean. Mine has bypass. When I hit the on/off button it is either dirt when on or the amps clean tone when off.

I would take a guess that the pedal is true bypass also but could be wrong. Maybe this could be an issue with using 9v power instead of 12-18v which is recommended? Or do you mean when the pedal is not plugged in? If that is the case there are loads of pedals out there just like that.

Batman,
Hmm…..you might have something there……the Herbert and VH4 pedals I have owned, I bought used with no power supply included……and I used a 9V power supply,…

Batman,
Hmm…..you might have something there……the Herbert and VH4 pedals I have owned, I bought used with no power supply included……and I used a 9V power supply,…

Don't worry. I did the same thing when I moved to a bigger pedalboard. I forgot about the need to have a 12v-18v connection in there and can remember experiencing how it wasn't quite behaving the same way but didn't think more about it until much later on. To make matters worse, the pedalboard had a 12-18v connection I could have used. It taught me to double-check my gear that I am not just assuming 9v for every smaller item and that some do indeed need more juice than this. The size of a unit is usually a good visual clue that 9v won't cut it.

Batman,

In the box is a split cable. You plug each end into separate 9v isolated outlets. The two 9v outlets next to the pick are the split cable that goes into the top of the pedal. Ignore the other cable above them as that was to just power a boost pedal out of shot. This worked a charm. Same for the VH4-2 pedal and Herbert pedal both.

2x8vDiezel.jpg

it mutes when you hit the bypass and run into Effects Return….that’s the issue …..so if I want add a clean preamp pedal, like a JHS Clover, in the chain, I can’t do it……because the vh4 pedal sounds the best in the effects return…..

it mutes when you hit the bypass and run into Effects Return….that’s the issue …..so if I want add a clean preamp pedal, like a JHS Clover, in the chain, I can’t do it……because the vh4 pedal sounds the best in the effects return…..
Makes it sense to use the guitar plug into the return for clean sound ?

No, but since pedal sounds best in effects return and bypass doesn’t work using the “to power amp in” jack on pedal, there is no choice to get a clean sound If i have to switch between clean and distortion in the same song.

Back