Diezel VH4S - Channel 3 Thrash Riffs

Bad.Seed

I finally got my hands on a Diezel VH4. This is the stereo model. I did a fairly long play through of channel 3, unboosted and utilizing 2 different boosts out front.

Truth be told, I'm not in love with the amp, and will be moving it along in the near future, but glad I could finally experience it first hand!

Check it out below:

No disrespect meant..you always have awesome clips but that tone is just...flat and uninspiring to me.

I've had a Dmoll and 2 Herberts (MKI & MKII) and none of them stayed longer than a few weeks. So far from what I tried, Diezels are not for me. I always thought I'd give the VH4 a go someday...not anymore. Not at all because of your post or clip, but rather my past dealings with other models making me realize Diezels are just not for me.

Last edited:
I've had a Dmoll and 2 Herberts (MKI & MKII) and none of them stayed longer than a few weeks. So far from what I tried, Diezels are not for me. I always thought I'd give the VH4 a go someday...maybe.
I love my Herbert! Was hoping the VH4 would be a more Marshally flavored Herbie, but they're nothing alike.

I love my Herbert! Was hoping the VH4 would be a more Marshally flavored Herbie, but they're nothing alike.

The Herbert was meh for me, cool evil grind, but still not the type of low end and attack I like. Too round and slow no matter the setting, speakers, boost, guitar. The DMoll was even slower and with an even more low mid dominant voice I didn't like. Way too round and soft in the attack for me.

No disrespect meant..you always have awesome clips but that tone is just...flat and uninspiring to me.
Sounds like it needs more volume to me. On the good side, it definitely has a lot of clarity and definition to it. A very dry tone.

I've had a Dmoll and 2 Herberts (MKI & MKII) and none of them stayed longer than a few weeks. So far from what I tried, Diezels are not for me. I always thought I'd give the VH4 a go someday...maybe.

with what you have coming, I'm at a loss as to why you'd want a Diezel. It's literally the polar opposite of what I think you like. :ROFLMAO:

After a few more listens I'm really liking it. I love the clarity of it. Holy Wars can end up sounding like a mess on a lot of amps, but it sounds clear and defined here. Put a little reverb on it and everyone will be drooling over the tone, seriously. It's just really dry.

Sounds like it needs more volume to me. On the good side, it definitely has a lot of clarity and definition to it. A very dry tone.
Yeah, I guess the vh4 tone is just not for me. Ive always thought it sounded really cold and almost solid state like. Oh well, a lot of people like it, I am just one guy. Loved the Einstein though.

Yeah, I guess the vh4 tone is just not for me. Ive always thought it sounded really cold and almost solid state like. Oh well, a lot of people like it, I am just one guy. Loved the Einstein though.
If you guys look in the video settings, both the channel and master volumes are set to join, which would be VERY loud in the room. This was recorded using an IR, and I just don't think the IR did the amp justice. I'm going to try another playthrough with real mics tomorrow.

Good tone there!! Its gotta "kerrang" going in there as to some may find it "slow" but VH4 is still tight imo... may i know what power and preamp tubes you have in there?

Gotta try things out and see what you like and don't, simple as that. Expensive experiments ;) I downloaded the file off of YT and threw it into Reaper with Helix Native to try some delay and reverb for fun. Sounded great but I can tell it's not what you are going for. Enjoy the amp!

If you guys look in the video settings, both the channel and master volumes are set to join, which would be VERY loud in the room. This was recorded using an IR, and I just don't think the IR did the amp justice. I'm going to try another playthrough with real mics tomorrow.
Looking forward to that! If done right I like an amp with a Suhr RL and some good IRs in a mix, but rarely with isolated guitar tracks.

Back