Dirt pedals for the Rebel

kingsryche

Wow! Spent all weekend putting this little guy thru its paces and it rocks! :rock: I've pulled out all my pedals to see what the best combination is and less is more sometimes. I have a modded DS-1 that as a boost really makes the metal side of the amp rip. I haven't used that pedal in a long time. But I need a full out rock pedal to use on the clean side so I have a 2 channel little monster (...at least until the E2's are available and then it is module deciding time) :D . I have an AMT California Sound pedal that sounds very natural and tubey but they have some sort of cabinet emulator that has always sounded "distant", not in your face like the Rebel's natural awesomeness. I also have a modded MT-2 but it still doesn't sound natural. So what dirt pedals are working for you Rebels??

Just got mine about a week ago. This amp really smokes. I can't say how happy I am with this purchase.

I crank the Master up, Gain to about 11 so its breaking up beautifully but can be easily cleaned up with the volume knob. I have an old vintage ProCo Rat that I haven't used for years that sounds just awesome with the Rebel as long as you don't over-do the distortion on the Rat (I like about 11 o'clock, with level set to boost the volume a bit). I also have a TS-9 in front (distortion set very low) that I use as an additional boost for solos for adding a little more crunch when the Rat is turned off.

I'm really liking this setup and will probably get the Keeley mods for the Rat and TS-9 to sweeten in up a bit more and retrieve some of the low end that is lost with these pedals.

I'm LOVING my Rebel! Thank you Bruce!

I tried that with my DS-1 and it just didn't cut it. It does work well as a boost to push the front end of a gained out Rebel but I need something that allows me to go from heavy to clean. I need something that I can dial in a sparkly clean Rebel and then engage and go to heavy Dream Theater/Alter Bridge rhythms. I should just wait until the E2's are available and then go with a T/D and Erect module and problem solved!

Back