Dirty boost/germanium/etc... for metal?

mchn13

Anyone use a dirty boost for metal? Trying a caroline WC2 into an evh 50 watt. The playing is sloppy af. Just a test, and Im really bad at micing. But im really digging it. Want to try a germanium boost next.

phone mic

That sounds awesome! Was just thinking about this topic the other day as I've been wanting an HM-2 real bad lately (maybe an Angry Swede V2). Thinking, how would that sound into the blue channel of either EVH 6l6 50 watt head.

That sounds awesome! Was just thinking about this topic the other day as I've been wanting an HM-2 real bad lately (maybe an Angry Swede V2). Thinking, how would that sound into the blue channel of either EVH 6l6 50 watt head.
If you are going for the HM-2 thing, check out the Behringer HM-300. My friend plays Entombed style metal, and used HM-2's but got one of the HM-300's for dirt cheap and likes it just as much, so much that he removed/retired his OG Japanese HM-2's from his pedalboard.

Thank! i wish i hadnt sold my hm2 last year so i could try it as a boost instead of a stand alone distortion. I seem to remember it having low output tho. This caroline pedal has a ton of output, and is boosting By 9-10: o’clock. Im basically using it as a filter and a slight boost into the red channel with the gain set low.

I just got another Fortin Hex Drive.. Man, it's a kickass pedal. From clean boost to mean boost, with very interactive knobs. Its like a Swiss Army boost pedal. Killer pedal!

I just got another Fortin Hex Drive.. Man, it's a kickass pedal. From clean boost to mean boost, with very interactive knobs. Its like a Swiss Army boost pedal. Killer pedal!
Yeah. I have that and a handwired ts 808. Some amps like the ts better, but I think they are both great boosts

damn id like to try one out. the clips sound great.

Anyone use a dirty boost for metal? Trying a caroline WC2 into an evh 50 watt. The playing is sloppy af. Just a test, and Im really bad at micing. But im really digging it. Want to try a germanium boost next.

phone mic

I dig it. Has a cool Slipknot vibe to it.

Back