Dirty Tree Huggers, in here

headlessdeadguy

I need some schooling on this damn pedal. It's supposed to be the holy grail of pedals for Rectifiers. I have used it with both my Tremoverb and 3 channel and it just adds a shrill nasty ass tone. I cannot for the life of me dial in a usable tone with this thing. The Precision Drive and Mud killer out perform it n every way. The Fartin 33 was the same way for me. Give me some settings for the Rec. Hell, using diode rectifier, the SD1 kicks its ass.

Help!

I just got and it’s shitty with my wizards but cool with Hermansson. It’s been tough to dial in for me as well . It’s has not been good for me unless I tune way down . E flat tuning I can’t get rid of the trebly clank. I’d actually like to see some settings myself. It’s a lot different then my other boosts .

I need some schooling on this damn pedal. It's supposed to be the holy grail of pedals for Rectifiers. I have used it with both my Tremoverb and 3 channel and it just adds a shrill nasty ass tone. I cannot for the life of me dial in a usable tone with this thing. The Precision Drive and Mud killer out perform it n every way. The Fartin 33 was the same way for me. Give me some settings for the Rec. Hell, using diode rectifier, the SD1 kicks its ass.

Help!

How do you guys fuck up something so great? :D I kid.

Here it is: write this shit down

Put that bitch in TC MODE
LEVEL AT NOON
TREBLE AT NOON
BASS AT ZERO

Recto:

Try whatever is equivalent to orange modern on your recto….gain to taste, start around noon maybe. Bass around 2 o’clock, mids sround 11 o’clock, treble around noon . These are good starting points on any recto really.

And that’s literally it…. It should sound like this:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/C6BC5do49xu2Z9hR6

What kind of guitar/pickups?

LEVEL AT NOON
TREBLE AT NOON
BASS AT ZERO

Recto:

Try whatever is equivalent to orange modern on your recto….gain to taste, start around noon maybe. Bass around 2 o’clock, mids sround 11 o’clock, treble around noon . These are good starting points on any recto really.

Tube or Diode rec? I have 17 guitars in the room right now so I probably can muster up one with whatever pickups you recommend. lol

also…. Are you using real cabs or IR’s ? I’ve noticed this is a thing… my old two notes torpedo hated many pedals I used with my amps for whatever reason: another reason I got rid of it.

also…. Are you using real cabs or IR’s ? I’ve noticed this is a thing… my old two notes torpedo hated many pedals I used with my amps for whatever reason: another reason I got rid of it.
I also have 9 cabs. This particular situation I was using an OS Mesa 4x12 with V30's.

I also have 9 cabs. This particular situation I was using an OS Mesa 4x12 with V30's.

I’d start with the settings I gave you and go from there. I don’t ever have this problem with my recto. Other amps, sure. Once again it doesn’t work for every amp on earth, I think people are forgetting that. Try something with a medium output pickup and start there as well. EMG’s are usually fine for me but they can get alittle raspy I guess at times, but still even then I don’t find it to be an issue.

LEVEL AT NOON
TREBLE AT NOON
BASS AT ZERO

Recto:

Do you ever use DT option

Do you ever use DT option

I wanna make sure I’m not confusing the two modes… DT mode is the fixed eq curve in which the treble and bass don’t work correct? I’m not in front of it at the moment so i can’t remember haha! But if DT mode is the fixed eq curve mode, then no I don’t personally use it generally. To me it’s way more compressed and not as open as the mode in which the eq knobs work. That’s just my opinion.

I wanna make sure I’m not confusing the two modes… DT mode is the fixed eq curve in which the treble and bass don’t work correct? I’m not in front of it at the moment so i can’t remember haha! But if DT mode is the fixed eq curve mode, then no I don’t personally use it generally. To me it’s way more compressed and not as open as the mode in which the eq knobs work. That’s just my opinion.
You say TC so I have switch in that and it does sound better I think . But then if I switch that switch to DT then it’s super trebly clanky . So the switch setting is what I meant

You say TC so I have switch in that and it does sound better I think . But then if I switch that switch to DT then it’s super trebly clanky . So the switch setting is what I meant

Right, but I can’t rmemeber which setting the EQ curves work and which ones they don’t. Turn the bass and treble in each mode and it should be obvious. One mode it won’t have any effect on the sound, that’s the mode I don’t use at all really.

Ok yea just looked… I was right, TC mode is the mode I use, the mode in which the controls work. To me it’s the best by far because it’s less compressed, more clarity etc.

While I'm one of the fanbois of the pedal, I will say it doesn't pair well with brighter guitars UNLESS you go in TC mode and dial back the treble.

Back