Distortion Pedal suggestions

Pantera Fan Boy

Hola !

I sold all my guitar eqs (solid state amps mostly) and currently i own a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb with a cool od pedal called EHX OD Glove (OCD clone??). This combo is amazing in blues , rock and etc.. It's good also when i'm playing metal songs Metallica , Slayer , Pantera , Cannibal Corpse and list goes on. My question is , is there any pedal based on your experience that could cover all type of metal songs through a fender clean amp ?

Sounds like you'd probably be best off with something like the Line 6 HX Stomp if you want to cover all those different types of metal tones

I know this is an old thread so it might not help you but it could help someone in the future.

The Boss OD-20 Drive Zone would do a great job and they arent expensive either, especially for everything you get.

Here is a link to the Boss OD-20 Drive Zone Page.

Here is a list of features:

• COSM Overdrive/Distortion Modeling pedal with 22 killer stompbox models including 6 all-new tones
  • Models classic and modern overdrive/distortion pedals like BOSS OD-1 and MT-2, plus many other vintage and boutique pedals
  • Attack Shape control adjusts overdrive's response dynamics to your playing
  • Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!
  • 4 User memories for storing custom settings; also has Manual mode for realtime changes
  • Line output with Amp Simulator; also works as headphone output
  • Amp Control jack for switching amp channels from the OD-20

Hola !

I sold all my guitar eqs (solid state amps mostly) and currently i own a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb with a cool od pedal called EHX OD Glove (OCD clone??). This combo is amazing in blues , rock and etc.. It's good also when i'm playing metal songs Metallica , Slayer , Pantera , Cannibal Corpse and list goes on. My question is , is there any pedal based on your experience that could cover all type of metal songs through a fender clean amp ?
Fat sandwich is my go to… ignore the internal pots, they don’t really effect the stages in any significant way.

the metal zone. Really. it can do anything (boost, overdrive, blues, metal of course). Just keep in control the trebble and presence in your amp, and you are good to go.

Back