Does your reactive load box emit noise?

bhuard75

Do you guys have particular amps that make the unit emit noise from the load box itself? I got a Torpedo live and wanted to know if other brands did this as well. Thanks in advance.

If you’re really ragging it, the magnetic flux generated may cause vibration you can hear from the inductor(s), in your load box, and/or your output transformer.

Only thing I ever heard on my Captor was the fan. Thought it was some weird amp sound until I realized what it was.

Occasionally I would notice a bit of noise coming out of the Torpedo Live I used to have as well as the Suhr Reactive Load I currently own. It was/is so minor it never concerned me and didn't come through on my recordings.

If you’re really ragging it, the magnetic flux generated may cause vibration you can hear from the inductor(s), in your load box, and/or your output transformer.
Occasionally I would notice a bit of noise coming out of the Torpedo Live I used to have as well as the Suhr Reactive Load I currently own. It was/is so minor it never concerned me and didn't come through on my recordings.

Thanks guys, with volume i was running a 100w amp on 4 that does not have a master vol. I backed the vol down to two and the torpedo live stopped the described behavior.

Back