Donner Guitar Strings - super cheap, um, inexpensive I mean.

Markedman

$10.99 for a 5 pack. If you go through strings like I do, it would be nice to save some bucks. I've been paying $12- $18 a pack for high quality strings but they don't last more than a week (25 hr.s +/-) so I'm going to try these and if they're not bad, I'll stock up.

Is there any other cheapo like me that has tried these Donner strings? I've never seen them before.

outhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PQS6G9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PNL51B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Excellent Sound and Stay in Tone: Donner electric guitar strings features a balanced great sound and perfect intonation constructed with nickel-plated wire wound around high-carbon hexagonal steel
  • Played for Bright and Stable Tone: Nickel plated ball end can prevent the strings from slipping and ensure that the strings can continuously vibrate and sound
  • Great Feel and Last longer: Oxidation-resistant nickel Alloy coating prevents strings from corrosion and rusting and give you great feel on strings. Break-resistant steel is reliable for well bend and extends Donner electric guitar strings life span
  • Strings Keeps Fresh When Delivered: Sealed in the most corrosion proof packaging keeps guitar strings fresh and last for long. 5 sets individually enclosed in a single, flow-wrap

Last edited:
Hmm. Thanks, I will try these as well. I always go for the best price also. I usually buy the Daddario 25 set boxes for $99 which is $2.50 a pack, but this is even cheaper.

Last edited:
I use a set of the Donner patch cables (6-pack from Amazon) for my pedalboard. Dirt fuckin cheap and mine have been completely solid

Thank god my strings last 6-12 months. I’m serious. I almost never change strings. I still play every day too. I only start to change strings when the winding on the strings wear through to the core. 🤣

Does anyone notice when strings get old and very used that the high E string starts to sound wobbly or uneven sometimes? This is a weird thing I've noticed with guitar strings, and i wonder if there are any brands that don't do this?

Thank god my strings last 6-12 months. I’m serious. I almost never change strings. I still play every day too. I only start to change strings when the winding on the strings wear through to the core. 🤣

Same. Years on some of my guitars... just turn up the treble.

Does anyone notice when strings get old and very used that the high E string starts to sound wobbly or uneven sometimes? This is a weird thing I've noticed with guitar strings, and i wonder if there are any brands that don't do this?

I've definitely noticed this on pretty much all the strings.....I think it may be due to the string being divoted by the frets over time?

Just an uneducated guess :LOL:

They are here, gonna string up my Tele and I'll report back
174AC040-5CE1-49D0-83D9-E9ADACEE4176.jpeg

Every time I deviate from D'Addarios, I regret it and am right back to them..

They had 12 pack sets on MF SDOTD yesterday for $39.99. I was all over it.

Every time I deviate from D'Addarios, I regret it and am right back to them..

They had 12 pack sets on MF SDOTD yesterday for $39.99. I was all over it.
Dammit, the 110s are back up to $20 CA today. Not sure what that is in U$D, but it sure ain't a 12 pack for 40 bucks.

I'd have been all over it too mate. Spewin'.

Back