Dream Evil / Fredrick Nordstrom fans, check this out.

eric_kv2

Hi Eric.

The pickup we are using is Semon duncan Hotrail
and the Savage 120 is totally normal but we send the preamp to a
poweramp in a 5150 this give us 2 amps and 2 cabinets

Best

Fredrik Nordström

I asked Fredrick Nordstrom what they use to record their albums. They use american and japanese fender strats with seymour duncan hotrails in the bridge. For amps they use an Engl Savage 120 and a Peavey 5150. As far as cabinets, I know they use 1 engl pro cab, but not sure on the other. I'm not sure if they are still running this rig, but it does sound like they are. He said this is what they did for The book of heavy metal.

>|<>QBB<
eric_kv2":3b17f said:
Hi Eric.

The pickup we are using is Semon duncan Hotrail
and the Savage 120 is totally normal but we send the preamp to a
poweramp in a 5150 this give us 2 amps and 2 cabinets

Best

Fredrik Nordström

I asked Fredrick Nordstrom what they use to record their albums. They use american and japanese fender strats with seymour duncan hotrails in the bridge. For amps they use an Engl Savage 120 and a Peavey 5150. As far as cabinets, I know they use 1 engl pro cab, but not sure on the other. I'm not sure if they are still running this rig, but it does sound like they are. He said this is what they did for The book of heavy metal.

So that's how they achieve that hot, sticky tone. Wait, that's semen, never mind. :D

I knew the amp setup but didn't know the pickups. Duncan hotrails huh? I love Dream Evil tone. Probably my favorite modern metal tone.

Damn, that's awesome! Evilized has one of the best metal tones ever. The intro to Children Of The Night is pure sex.

Some of their songs and lyrics are cheesier than most 80's acts but I cant help it, I love these guys. Great tone, hooks, and playing....

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":63316 said:
Some of their songs and lyrics are cheesier than most 80's acts but I cant help it, I love these guys. Great tone, hooks, and playing....

Indeed. They're cheesy on purpose though. 8)

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":f5c05 said:
+1. They rule. And yeah, they're cheesy, but it's definitely in a good way.

These guys are so cheesy you could shoot them out of a can and onto a cracker...some cool guitar playing, though. And the tone is damn good...:D

>|<>QBB<
killertone":60320 said:
These guys are so cheesy you could shoot them out of a can and onto a cracker...some cool guitar playing, though. And the tone is damn good...:D

Nordstrom = God

Anything he produces is fucking gold. :prayer:

Back