Driftwood VS Two Notes Loadbox: All Load boxes aren’t the same.

Thanks! And no, absolutely not confusing but well explained! And I actually realised I know the technique already just didn't think of it! Cool that works out for you and nice iso box / walls you built there!

Do you have experience with the Suhr in comparison to the Driftwood or with a Fractal XLoad?

I'm torn about which to get.... I would love to get the React:IR but get no answer from St. Rock and fear they are out of business due to the war or worse :aww:
Same here Max. I reached out to them and no response in my inbox or spam folder.

Wow… exactly what we were afraid of.

Thank you @Bram576 for the direct email contact info.

Here is his email response.

Hello

Russia attacked my country and we have problems with electricity and the internet.
For better understanding we have electricity from 13 to 15 o'clock and now from 21 to 24 o'clock.
Also problems with the internet - so we sometimes can miss some emails or have no possibility to answer....
Unfortunately new react:ir's will be available only in spring -(
We sold them all and due to war can't produce it now.

WBR, Vasilius st.Rock

ср, 7 дек. 2022 г. в 20:04,

Wow… exactly what we were afraid of.

Thank you @Bram576 for the direct email contact info.

Here is his email response.

Hello

Russia attacked my country and we have problems with electricity and the internet.
For better understanding we have electricity from 13 to 15 o'clock and now from 21 to 24 o'clock.
Also problems with the internet - so we sometimes can miss some emails or have no possibility to answer....
Unfortunately new react:ir's will be available only in spring -(
We sold them all and due to war can't produce it now.

WBR, Vasilius st.Rock

ср, 7 дек. 2022 г. в 20:04,
Fuck, that’s such a bummer man. Well I’d keep a look out on the used market… they truly are the leader in this product imo. I’d say them, then driftwood, then fractal as it has two modes of load v30 or greenback, then Suhr, ox box, then finally dead last the two notes stuff. I have NO idea about the red seven product in terms of response. I spent tons of time researching this due to having a young one and my ability to mic cabs anymore in my little studio being extremely limited.

Wrote him too and got the same answer - but hey, at least he can answer, is still alive and hopefully as well as can be during a war.
Feels so benign and irrelevant, trying to decide which load box to buy and writing with a manufacturer that can't work and produce right now because he has much bigger problems to worry about than his guitar rig and recording workflow.......

Well. To get back to light hearted gear nerdery: I just bought a Driftwood Loadbox (y) and will probably get the St.Rock when they are available again. I am thinking about shooting my own IRs for quite some time (have done it before, but not as methodically as I want to now) and the React:IR workflow from what I understand right now would be perfect to do this.

@VESmedic @MaxF As both ones have the Driftwood loadbox, how it compares in terms of noise versus the St Rock React IR?

Some days ago I did a test with my VHT Pitbull 100CL (it has its own line out after poweramp).

1. VHT speaker out into St Rock for load -> St Rock DI out into RME converters
2. VHT speaker out into St Rock for load -> VHT line out into converters (instead the React IR out)

VHT line out sounded better with a good difference to be honest. There´s something on the conversion side in the St Rock I don´t like so that´s the reason I´m going to try the Driftwood one.
BUT...VHT line out was noisier than the React IR out.

Using the Driftwood will be similar in noise to the React IR?

Back