Dump the Chump!

Nice! LOVE it when stuff like this happens. :rock:

Wish Sykes could have dumped Coverdale from Whitesnake instead of the other way around...

Red_Label":3ttuglce said:

Wish Sykes could have dumped Coverdale from Whitesnake instead of the other way around...

I agree!

Pilson is a better singer than Don anyway. Hopefully George will put the gloves away, and play his guitar now.

OUTLAW1969":1f0xw7zb said:
Red_Label":1f0xw7zb said:

I agree!

Pilson is a better singer than Don anyway. Hopefully George will put the gloves away, and play his guitar now.
:yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

baron55":20cgmlle said:
The story behind the Single "Son of Scary is that when Guitar Hero was big, they contacted George about using "Mr Scary" and of course paying for the rights to use it. George was all for it, but since that was recorded under the "Dokken" name, Mick, Jeff and Don had to sign off on it. Mick and Jeff said no prob. Don being the doushebag he is, said no! Even though all 4 members would get a percentage from guitar hero. Don could have had easy money for doing nothing, but said no to be a dick. And he had nothing to do with that song.

So George recorded son of scary to give to guitar hero, but it was too late. I heard this in an interview George did recently.

Wow... what a TOTAL DOUCHE! Man... it just doesn't get any douchier than some lead singers. Born with the prima dona gene and suckled on diva's milk.

Hmmm. :confused: It may turn out to be good, but seems to me the common problem is that most bands from this era were out of good material a long time ago.

I met Don in a Taco Bell after a show one night. Seemed like a very cool guy...signed an autograph, chatted about the show, crowd, etc... Just seemed very polite and sincere.

Then I asked if George (who was in the tour bus accross the street in a parking lot) would possibly sign an autograph for me....

...it was then that Don and the two guys he was with (not band members) erupted into laughter and Don said "George doesnt do that dude...he's wierd like that"

I'll never forget that night

snowdog":1oarzsm6 said:
Hmmm. :confused: It may turn out to be good, but seems to me the common problem is that most bands from this era were out of good material a long time ago.

I agree. No reason to expect anything phenominal from George. Just read a "web exclusive" interview on the Premeir Guitar website. Didn't realize that George has 11 solo albums out. I have 4 or 5 of them, can't remember a single song off any of them except for the first song off "sacred groove".

Lord Toneking":166npz6d said:
I met Don in a Taco Bell after a show one night. Seemed like a very cool guy...signed an autograph, chatted about the show, crowd, etc... Just seemed very polite and sincere.

Then I asked if George (who was in the tour bus accross the street in a parking lot) would possibly sign an autograph for me....

...it was then that Don and the two guys he was with (not band members) erupted into laughter and Don said "George doesnt do that dude...he's wierd like that"

And yet... I know a guy who's big into mountain biking. He's got friends who were biking in the Moab region (if I recall correctly) and ran into George down there. George took them into his life for a day or two and treated them like long lost friends (they'd never met him before) and they just hung-out. Not being guitar players, they never even knew who he was until well into the time they spent together.

Red_Label":k7ji27u2 said:
Lord Toneking":k7ji27u2 said:

And yet... I know a guy who's big into mountain biking. He's got friends who were biking in the Moab region (if I recall correctly) and ran into George down there. George took them into his life for a day or two and treated them like long lost friends (they'd never met him before) and they just hung-out. Not being guitar players, they never even knew who he was until well into the time they spent together.
I was at a Lynch Mob show at the Metropol in Pittsburgh back in '91 where George let us in to a private post-show party upstairs. He actually walked away from a bunch of chicks who were hanging all over him to talk shop...a very cool dude in my experience.

Lord Toneking":26uw0xo1 said:

When I was in high school some friends and I were in downtown Cincy walking around just killing time. We walked past a hotel with a tour bus unloading out front and I noticed a couple of ESP guitar cases being pulled out. That is when I remembered that Dokken was opening for Aerosmith that night supporting Under Lock and Key. I freaked for a second because GL was my idol at that time but no band members were present.

A little later, we are walking through the Skywalk and who do I bump into? GL and his wife. He was wearing an Aerosmith T-shirt, sweatpants, and wrestling high tops. Yes the scene is burned into my mind. I stood there with a shocked look on my face for a second and asked for an autograph. Sure! He replied. I ended up spending about 15 minutes walking and talking with him because he asked where he could find some stores to buy clothes and things for his kids.

That is one of my Lynch stories. The other one involves some beers and a table aftershow with GL and Skolnick.

This sounds very interesting and being the Lynch fan boy that I am I will have to buy it .

Hope it is Killer :confused: :D

Back