Duncan Saturday Night Specials? (Quickrod content...)

cvogue

Saw this vid of a guy demoing a QuckRod:

He's got a Duncan SNS in his guitar (only has a bridge pickup). It reminds me of the Gibson twang... kinda like a 57 but cheaper and comes with 4 conductor! I'm really liking that tone.

Anybody ever tried these pickups? Other videos also sound really good.

I have these pickups in my Knaggs Kenai and they are awesome! I was sceptical before I received the guitar and I was all ready to unload them because typically I don’t like/use SD pickups… not anymore they are great.
For the record they are nothing like 57’s, because the SNS’s have balls!

I have these pickups in my Knaggs Kenai and they are awesome! I was sceptical before I received the guitar and I was all ready to unload them because typically I don’t like/use SD pickups… not anymore they are great.
For the record they are nothing like 57’s, because the SNS’s have balls!
Very cool thanks for the info!

Lol!! Yeah the SNS's seem to have a nice growl to them, but... they also have this nice chimey top end that I don't hear from a lot of pickups. The Classic 57's do that really well.

P.S. Never heard of Knaggs, had to look them up... refugees from PRS! They're pricey guitars but man they're gorgeous. If I get a SNS it'll be going in my '97 PRS CE24.

I had them in my old Les Paul in both the bridge and neck position and they were hands down the best PAF pickups I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot. They works for everything from blues to heavier stuff. Awesome pickups for sure.

Back