Dunky’s N' Demos Winter NAMM 2020 video thread!

JerEvil":1ftxhvze said:
DeathbyButterslax":1ftxhvze said:
Has anyone had the opportunity to obtain a granophyre or Dover since then? I am curious about the Omega
Not it! Lol! The Omega stuff is high in my GAS list though. Just had the owner on my livestream on Monday. Seems like they have some interesting stuff in the works. 50 watt head, preamps, etc.

I’m getting a Hermansson metal mod 1959 SLP reissue soon(not sure how soon), so I want something more chunky, rectoish to go along with it. I have narrowed it down to a KSR and a Omega. You’ve played both, what are your thoughts??? Haha

I know u like to play but damn dude you didn’t demonstrate any of the features of the KSR compact power amp at all. Stop for a second and let him explain some knob twirling please.

DeathbyButterslax":2hsurqwa said:
JerEvil":2hsurqwa said:
DeathbyButterslax":2hsurqwa said:
Has anyone had the opportunity to obtain a granophyre or Dover since then? I am curious about the Omega
Not it! Lol! The Omega stuff is high in my GAS list though. Just had the owner on my livestream on Monday. Seems like they have some interesting stuff in the works. 50 watt head, preamps, etc.

I’m getting a Hermansson metal mod 1959 SLP reissue soon(not sure how soon), so I want something more chunky, rectoish to go along with it. I have narrowed it down to a KSR and a Omega. You’ve played both, what are your thoughts??? Haha
I haven’t tried the Granophyre, but have tried my friend’s Obsidien a bunch of times and imo it’s kinda on the other end of the spectrum of being a chunky, recto type sound. I had a KSR Gemini that I remember having some things that reminded of the rectos. Definitely could sound big and chunky, but for my taste was not the most organic sounding amp and felt some of my others amps at the time sounded better still

I’m still very curious to try a Dover though. I’m hoping to see a used one come up eventually

Back