Dunlop Auto Return Wah question

shredhead7

So I have an old Bad Horsie wah that finally died (the spring has sprung) and I'm looking for something similar in that it is fast tracking, both on and off. I never cared for the wah sound that much, pretty subtle really. I also have a CAE Dunlop wah that I love the tone, but I am so used to ease of the BH, that I rarely use it outside of recording.

So how does the 95Q sound compared to the 535Q or the CAE (or better yet new Billy Duffy) and more importantly, how does the auto return feature work (is it spring loaded like the BH?) and how fast is it (on/off).

I don't know if they are made much anymore, but Ibanez had one called the Weeping Demon, that had some adjustments on it. It was auto engaging, and had a knob under the rocker pedal that you could turn to adjust the on/off engage time in ms I believe. Also had some sweep controls and such.

Don't know much about the models you're asking about sorry, but thought I'd throw that out there.

I have a chrome 535 that was sent in for the auto on/off and its been my fav for a couple years, i also have a 95q that i never use anymore and would like to sell, i stuck with the 535 because it can do a little more and has some adjustments. I also had a tremonti wah and lynch dragon wah but i didnt like how they sounded.

I use the 95Q and have no complaints. I don't use way a lot but it works for me. I was using a Bad Horsie but needed something smaller.

Oh...another thing, the Morley Maverick is nice if real estate on the pedalboard is at a premium. I modded one of mine to the Dunlop Cantrell spec. Pretty easy to do, just clip certain resistors and solder on the new ones. Their circuit boards are far more robust than current Dunlop boards.

Back