Ear Candy Cabinets STOLE MY MONEY... BEWARE

This Ear Candy guy probably uses too much nose candy. Just sayin'.....the excuses he's giving some of his customers in this thread sound very similar to some users I've known over the years. Then again he could just be an asshole.

I first got sketched out about five years ago when the owner claimed that whatever channel was doing American Choppers was interested in doing a show about them and that everyone should email the channel to request it. It turned out that Ear Candy had just decided it would be good for their business if they had their own reality show and tried to get people on music forums to push the issue to the network.

FixXxer":ym09gol8 said:
This guy is a JACKASS.

this is totally off subject, but those chicks in your avatar are insanely hott ... especially that brunette

fixXxer's avatar FTW

Per Earcandy website:

"In the previous weeks Tim has had to have several procedures done leading up to a surgery on his right hand. He is not able to build anything at this point and is looking at several weeks recovery time due to acute advanced carpel tunnel syndrome in his hands. The more E-mails and phone calls he has to take adds more time to his recovery time. We apologize in advance if these pictures are somewhat gross but, it is what it is."

Check out his hospital pics at their site.

Lord, I'm never gonna get my cab. Lol.

blackout":1w7g624v said:
Per Earcandy website:

"In the previous weeks Tim has had to have several procedures done leading up to a surgery on his right hand. He is not able to build anything at this point and is looking at several weeks recovery time due to acute advanced carpel tunnel syndrome in his hands. The more E-mails and phone calls he has to take adds more time to his recovery time. We apologize in advance if these pictures are somewhat gross but, it is what it is."

Check out his hospital pics at their site.

Lord, I'm never gonna get my cab. Lol.

For fuck sake, lier - he edits his website himself - he has told me of alterations (When we got on well) made them, and I have seen the result - if he makes the website himself, and makes all these updates, how can they be true?! 'Sorry - my internet cut out becaus of a flood but I can post this update... Sorry my hand's fucked, I can't type, except this message...' not sure why he always talks in 3rd person...

So now, as a customer, I am told don't email him or he'll take part of my refund, wait in confidence (of many unreplied previous emails) and his hands are buggered so even if you want your cab you're just going to have to wait :confused: ...

Somebody needs to pay him a visit in person to retrieve their stolen cash. He might think twice about doing it again.

chumbucket":20el0iop said:
Somebody needs to pay him a visit in person to retrieve their stolen cash. He might think twice about doing it again.

Have thought of this though from England = expensive holiday (of which I could think of many places I'd rather be going) and I know a large percentage of Americans have guns and I, personally, don't trust Tim very much.

If it goes to court I need someone to represent me there, anyone have any ideas of how I could make such happen/volunteers!?

EarCandy Drama ,
Hi , I am another of the guitarist ( limited inome ) that purchcased 2 EarCandy BuzzBombs around 2004 - 2005 . 1st cabinet was 6 months wait , the 2nd cabinet 9 months. I have since been observing that companys buissness over the several years & none of its improved at all . I never would , recommend the company to anyone , like many I went thru Hell getting the cabinets . The Cabinets are really high quality , but what many of us went thru was just an mess. I am absolutely sure that I would have never recieved them if I had not been proactive in getting them. Pure Hell getting it straightened out & even as several years have passed by my frame of mind is still bad about all of it. I still have the cabinets , my atittude about the company really soured & I don't want the cabs anymore , I am pulling the speakers & they are going up for sale . The companys website is no longer available ..hope any one that has buissness that went south with them recovers financily :thumbsdown: I would never even want them on the stage , just an horrible mess .

Tim Paulsen is a thief. EAR CANDY CABS IS A SCAM! (which thankfully seems to have gone out of business).

He took my money in July 2011, promising a cab in August. By the second week of September he no longer responded to any communications. By mid October I complained to my Discover Card and now have a full refund. Still no word from Tim.

Don't do business with this jerk.

Mark Brown
NYC

So sad to hear. I have an ear candy cab and I like it, but its now kinda like the whole Penn State thing, embarrased and slightly disgraced at being part of the club because of what some people act like. ugh. I am just glad I actually got my cab, though it was many months later then promised even years ago

headlessdeadguy":21l96228 said:
Based on the one and only EC cab I heard, even the people who recieved thier cabs still got fucked over.... Just sayin.

I really like the way mine sounds. I do. I have owned Avatar, and a few other cabs and my EC cab is the best of them all. But I am sure there are still better cab companies out there who are legit business peeps... I have gone through a few heads, but my cab has stayed.

Hi y'all,

To be honnest I've been waiting for my cab about 4.5 years. So I think I've been the most patient customer ever of earcandy... I paid everything in advance and right after, all the bad stories that we all know happened. I really thought that I will never see my cab neither my money. But when Tim re-opened his website, I took the opportunity to contact him. I had to wait 2 more years to get my cab. It hasn't always been easy, I had to insist many times and really had to sometimes contain my anger and so on... But I've always tried to be nice with him and patient!!!
Of course, if I've been paid 5 USD each time he wrote me "I want your cab to be out next week" I would probably get mine for free.

Tim is not a bad guy neither a thief. It took a while before he was back on tracks. But now he is and the fact that I got my cab is a proof by itself. Living in Europe, it would be very difficult to get my money back in a legal way. He could do what he wanted with my money there was no chance to get it back and he was ensured not to get any legal complain from me... That would have been too expensive (more than the price of the cab) and too complicated. But he choosed to do the work until the end. That's a proof for me that he cares about custommers.

To me, it seems he's just not aware of how his words impacts on our minds... He's probably on of the worst sellers of all times, but he does an amazing job (his job is building cabs and not selling actually). He told me that he will do his best for that every custommer will get his cab or his money back.

Please contact him if you are still waiting for something from him. I'm sure he will do something for you. But it can only work with these 3 rules: Be nice , insist as many times you need to be heard and be patient!!!

You will probably not wait as long as me...

sevenjeams":2yhmkviy said:
Hi y'all,

To be honnest I've been waiting for my cab about 4.5 years. So I think I've been the most patient customer ever of earcandy... I paid everything in advance and right after, all the bad stories that we all know happened. I really thought that I will never see my cab neither my money. But when Tim re-opened his website, I took the opportunity to contact him. I had to wait 2 more years to get my cab. It hasn't always been easy, I had to insist many times and really had to sometimes contain my anger and so on... But I've always tried to be nice with him and patient!!!
Of course, if I've been paid 5 USD each time he wrote me "I want your cab to be out next week" I would probably get mine for free.

Tim is not a bad guy neither a thief. It took a while before he was back on tracks. But now he is and the fact that I got my cab is a proof by itself. Living in Europe, it would be very difficult to get my money back in a legal way. He could do what he wanted with my money there was no chance to get it back and he was ensured not to get any legal complain from me... That would have been too expensive (more than the price of the cab) and too complicated. But he choosed to do the work until the end. That's a proof for me that he cares about custommers.

To me, it seems he's just not aware of how his words impacts on our minds... He's probably on of the worst sellers of all times, but he does an amazing job (his job is building cabs and not selling actually). He told me that he will do his best for that every custommer will get his cab or his money back.

Please contact him if you are still waiting for something from him. I'm sure he will do something for you. But it can only work with these 3 rules: Be nice , insist as many times you need to be heard and be patient!!!

You will probably not wait as long as me...

Sorry to tell you Tim has not changed one bit. He's still a liar and still a thief. Looking to file fraud charges against him for taking payment and never shipping the order.

Sorry to tell you Tim has not changed one bit. He's still a liar and still a thief. Looking to file fraud charges against him for taking payment and never shipping the order.

Unbelievable. Everywhere you turn these days is a rip off, a scammer, or a shyster. This has to stop.

Back