Ear Candy Cabinets STOLE MY MONEY... BEWARE

toddf007

I feel the need to post this to save others from getting ripped off. If you are considering buying cabinets from Ear Candy you really need to read on. In Mid December 2007 I custom ordered a loaded cabinet from Tim at Ear Candy. He MADE SURE to get PAYMENT IN FULL up front. He said he was Really Backed Up on orders because he was selling so many cabinets so it would take 6 to 8 weeks to build. I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a stack so I contacted Tim RIGHT AFTER the turn of the year to try and cancel my order or even have Tim simply sell it to another customer. I knew he had not started my cabinets yet. Tim said that would not be a problem. He would simply build the cabinet and sell it to someone else.

I stayed in close contact with Ear Candy. Or as Tim puts it.... “I drove him crazy with status calls and emails.” After several months went by Tim stopped returning my emails. During this time Ear Candy’s shop got flooded several times. He thought I would just go away and forget about my cab. Well, at this point I wouldn’t have an Ear Candy cab if you gave it to me. Well, maybe to burn on YouTube.

I got Tim’s attention when I posted a comment about this on one of his YouTube videos. THIS REALLY UPSET HIM. Of course, he doesn’t want people to know that he’s a thief. That would be bad for finding future suckers. He didn’t have a problem getting in touch of me then. I received all kinds of threats and abusive language in emails. I would be happy to forward any and all emails to anyone that wants to read just to see what kind of guy we’re talking about.

I guess this will be a battle of the attorneys, because he says he’s going to sue me for telling people the truth about our deal. What I don’t think his attorney knows is this is all FACT. I have not embellished one bit. In fact I left a lot of details out to save people all the reading and keep this as short as possible. That’s called Freedom of Speech. Just so long as everything I say is true there’s NOTHING HE CAN DO!

I’ll let you be the judge. If this had happened to you would you call him a thief or just a great business man? In my opinion the worst kind of criminal are thief's and child molesters. I would like to hear your thoughts. When he drags me into court I would love to show the judge how the rest of America would feel had it been them. People like this must be stopped or they will continue to steal peoples money. He knows that all the attorney fees and court fees would cost more that the cabinet so he THINKS people will just write it off and forget about it. Well, I’ve written the money off, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and act like it didn’t happen. The funny thing is Tim SAID he’s bigger than the internet and could never be stopped. Is that funny or what. Now that’s a “EGOTISTICAL BIG HEADED BASTARD”!

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info on this matter.
Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

toddf007":r4renb38 said:
I feel the need to post this to save others from getting ripped off. If you are considering buying cabinets from Ear Candy you really need to read on. In Mid December 2007 I custom ordered a loaded cabinet from Tim at Ear Candy. He MADE SURE to get PAYMENT IN FULL up front. He said he was Really Backed Up on orders because he was selling so many cabinets so it would take 6 to 8 weeks to build. I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a stack so I contacted Tim RIGHT AFTER the turn of the year to try and cancel my order or even have Tim simply sell it to another customer. I knew he had not started my cabinets yet. Tim said that would not be a problem. He would simply build the cabinet and sell it to someone else.

I stayed in close contact with Ear Candy. Or as Tim puts it.... “I drove him crazy with status calls and emails.” After several months went by Tim stopped returning my emails. During this time Ear Candy’s shop got flooded several times. He thought I would just go away and forget about my cab. Well, at this point I wouldn’t have an Ear Candy cab if you gave it to me. Well, maybe to burn on YouTube.

I got Tim’s attention when I posted a comment about this on one of his YouTube videos. THIS REALLY UPSET HIM. Of course, he doesn’t want people to know that he’s a thief. That would be bad for finding future suckers. He didn’t have a problem getting in touch of me then. I received all kinds of threats and abusive language in emails. I would be happy to forward any and all emails to anyone that wants to read just to see what kind of guy we’re talking about.

I guess this will be a battle of the attorneys, because he says he’s going to sue me for telling people the truth about our deal. What I don’t think his attorney knows is this is all FACT. I have not embellished one bit. In fact I left a lot of details out to save people all the reading and keep this as short as possible. That’s called Freedom of Speech. Just so long as everything I say is true there’s NOTHING HE CAN DO!

I’ll let you be the judge. If this had happened to you would you call him a thief or just a great business man? In my opinion the worst kind of criminal are thief's and child molesters. I would like to hear your thoughts. When he drags me into court I would love to show the judge how the rest of America would feel had it been them. People like this must be stopped or they will continue to steal peoples money. He knows that all the attorney fees and court fees would cost more that the cabinet so he THINKS people will just write it off and forget about it. Well, I’ve written the money off, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and act like it didn’t happen. The funny thing is Tim SAID he’s bigger than the internet and could never be stopped. Is that funny or what. Now that’s a “EGOTISTICAL BIG HEADED BASTARD”!

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info on this matter.
Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

Bad news travels faster than good!! I wonder if he knows that!! Thanks for the heads up!

Hey man, thanks for letting us know!

So, why didn't he give you your money back as soon as it was cancelled? And why would he build YOUR cab and sell it to someone else, seen as they're custom orders? Surely, he'd just not build it?

AdamB":3m0di4rj said:

So, why didn't he give you your money back as soon as it was cancelled? And why would he build YOUR cab and sell it to someone else, seen as they're custom orders? Surely, he'd just not build it?
That's EXACTLY what I thought. They weren't even built yet. He just said that he does not offer refunds, but he would build them and when he gets another order in he would sell them to that guy and THEN refund my money. Doesn't make much sense does it. Then again, being a thief doesn't make much sense to me. The guy is not as smart as he THINKS he is. :codeak:

toddf007":1jf5tte3 said:
AdamB":1jf5tte3 said:

That's EXACTLY what I thought. They weren't even built yet. He just said that he does not offer refunds, but he would build them and when he gets another order in he would sell them to that guy and THEN refund my money. Doesn't make much sense does it. Then again, being a thief doesn't make much sense to me. The guy is not as smart as he THINKS he is. :codeak:

I had a similar dealing with Tim, but he finally came through (9 months later) with my cab. He said to me at most it'd take 8 weeks. I emailed him when I never got a status update, etc. etc., and he went silent on me also. I had to escalate things with him by doing very similar things as you did, and he finally came around. But it still took 9-10 months to build a cabinet. The buzzbomb is a decent cab, but honestly not worth the money. I would NEVER recommend his cabinets to anyone. They look good, but tonally I thought my buzzbomb was not that great. My Egnater TM212 cab smoked it w/ using the same speakers.

I highly recommend not dealing with Tim, as I agree, he's not as "customer oriented" as he thinks he is. I'd much rather work with folks like at Stone Age...He keeps you in the loop 100%. I felt Tim was definitely a "snake" myself, bordering a "thief" in my case too.

Eric

aeroic":zn6qabj5 said:
toddf007":zn6qabj5 said:
AdamB":zn6qabj5 said:

I had a similar dealing with Tim, but he finally came through (9 months later) with my cab. He said to me at most it'd take 8 weeks. I emailed him when I never got a status update, etc. etc., and he went silent on me also. I had to escalate things with him by doing very similar things as you did, and he finally came around. But it still took 9-10 months to build a cabinet. The buzzbomb is a decent cab, but honestly not worth the money. I would NEVER recommend his cabinets to anyone. They look good, but tonally I thought my buzzbomb was not that great. My Egnater TM212 cab smoked it w/ using the same speakers.

I highly recommend not dealing with Tim, as I agree, he's not as "customer oriented" as he thinks he is. I'd much rather work with folks like at Stone Age...He keeps you in the loop 100%. I felt Tim was definitely a "snake" myself, bordering a "thief" in my case too.

Eric
Thank you for sharing your experience as well. :thumbsup: I think people should know. There are way too many great people to deal with to be dealing with ass holes like this. Some GREAT guys to deal with are Josh Sage at Rebel Amps, Daniel at Port City Amps & Cabs, and I guess you've had great success with Stone Age. I can't say enough about both Josh and Daniel. Both are TOP NOTCH GUYS for sure. :rock: There are some great people in this industry, and there are some snakes. It takes word of mouth to help people avoid the snakes.

Tiffany @ Lopoline cabs is a dream with whom to deal. They will build anything for CHEAP!

Emperor cabs seems cool when it comes to customer service too!

Sorry for your bad experience with that company. Although I've never dealt with them personally, I have dealt with John at StoneAge and I would highly recommend John in a second!! Fantastic cabs and he actually has communication skills LOL (which the majority of companies seem to lack these days)!!!

Wow, I had actually been interested in Ear Candy cabs a while back. I'm glad I didn't go through with it...That's crazy!!!!

Best of luck on getting your money back...keep us updated Todd.

P.S. - did you ever sell that Bogner Classic?? :)

The only thing I don't understand is...you paid him in Mid-December..he told you it'd be 6-8 weeks, then on the first week of Jan you cancelled.

That's not even close to 6-8 weeks anyway. And why would you cancel an order after that long amount of time, just because you found something else?

For some reason, I have to believe this story has 2 sides. I'm not defending anyone though.

Go with Avatar...not as high end as ear candy but they sound great (the vintage cabs). At least they treat their customers right.

My G412 vintage actually sounds better than my Mesa 4X12 standard cab. Much smoother and more balanced tonally.

I'm not defending the guy, but did you ask him BEFORE you placed an order what his refund/return policy was?

Neuro":2scd746c said:
Wow, I had actually been interested in Ear Candy cabs a while back. I'm glad I didn't go through with it...That's crazy!!!!

Best of luck on getting your money back...keep us updated Todd.

P.S. - did you ever sell that Bogner Classic?? :)
Sold the Bogner a long time ago. Been through about 10 amps since then. :LOL: :LOL:

japetus":11dip3pz said:
The only thing I don't understand is...you paid him in Mid-December..he told you it'd be 6-8 weeks, then on the first week of Jan you cancelled.

That's not even close to 6-8 weeks anyway. And why would you cancel an order after that long amount of time, just because you found something else?

For some reason, I have to believe this story has 2 sides. I'm not defending anyone though.
I ALWAYS believe there's 2 sides to every story. However, I just gave the facts. I paid in full and never got a damn thing or a refund. It's basically that simple.

As for the way you're reading the timing. I placed the order on December 15th or 17th. Then you have the whole Christmas and New Year Holiday BS time period in this. Then I think it was the 2nd or 3rd of January that I contacted him to "try" to cancel the order. I told him then that I knew he did not offer that, but since he hadn't started the cab it would be NICE if he would do so. If he would have said no then i would not have been surprised nor pissed about it. I've always felt a deal is a deal.

chunktone":3ufn76ac said:
I'm not defending the guy, but did you ask him BEFORE you placed an order what his refund/return policy was?
I knew UP FRONT that it was a NO RETURNS agreement. I didn't "EXPECT" him to cancel my order. I just asked if he would do so since the cab was not even close to being done. If he would have said NO, the cab is mine, I would not have been upset at all. I just came into a deal I couldn't pass up on a half stack so I didn't need the cab any longer. HE said that he would just sell it to the next customer. That never happened AND I never got any money back nor the cab.

all to common with the Internet now. Its hard to find good dealers and reputable people. He should get with a pickup maker from CA and it would be all good.

Hope you get your money back.

Back