ebays new payment processing...wtf man!!!?

1. Stop watching Trolly's guitar freak show. That guy is creepy and suspect... in a I'd never leave my kids alone with him way. :bleh:

2. It's cheaper to sell on eBay.

Reverb Fees:
5.00% of total + 2.70% payment processing fee + $.25

Ebay Fees:
5.85% of total (final value fee) + $0.00 insertion fee

Also service is better on Ebay. Not much... but better.

You have to link a bank account to both and give your SS to both now. So it's the same policy with both now.
Agreed with #1 Ozz, that's dude's got the creepy for sure.
Like a human with a cockroach brain 'frittering'
through his GAS chronicles.

the target fed funds rate is 0-25bps...they aren't making much if anything on the float at this point in time. Most banks are paying in the 3 bps range, if that, for a transaction account. Plus an ACH transaction takes 3 days to clear. They are now just not making funds available while in clearing like paypal will do.
Im sure they cook the books with loopholes.

1. Stop watching Trolly's guitar freak show. That guy is creepy and suspect... in a I'd never leave my kids alone with him way. :bleh:

2. It's cheaper to sell on eBay.

Reverb Fees:
5.00% of total + 2.70% payment processing fee + $.25

Ebay Fees:
5.85% of total (final value fee) + $0.00 insertion fee

Also service is better on Ebay. Not much... but better.

You have to link a bank account to both and give your SS to both now. So it's the same policy with both now.
+1 on the creep factor and he edits his audio in the video so it sounds like one big 15 minute info-mercial.
Annoying af.

Guitar delivered Friday, Reverb told me twice cash would be in my bank close of business today. Didn’t get my $$$ yet. Time to be done with them and if it takes longer to sell in the forums so be it. Like the JG Wentworth commercial say..”It’s my cash, and I want it now!”

Guitar delivered Friday, Reverb told me twice cash would be in my bank close of business today. Didn’t get my $$$ yet. Time to be done with them and if it takes longer to sell in the forums so be it. Like the JG Wentworth commercial say..”It’s my cash, and I want it now!”
But did you have a structured settlement? Lmao

Gotta love all their fee’s!

Total Sales:$412.42USD
Total Processing Fees:-$12.38USD
Total Selling Fees:-$19.30USD
Total Tax Remitted:-$26.42USD
Total Shipping Label Fees:-$13.49USD

I haven't purchased anything from Ebay in years. It's been even longer since I sold something. Too many horror stories.

yeah...this new payment thing(as a seller) blows. I sell some records on ebay, and I'm not a fan of the new system. Why? Well, you will get an email stating that you've been paid such amount. My problem is I have multiple items I am selling, and when you go to see the payment invoice, it's not very itemized clearly what was sold and payout fees. It's kinda sketchy in not being entirely itemized from what I am seeing.

I haven't experienced any of this as a seller. I sold a few items in the last few days and the money was in my PP account instantly, before I even created a shipping label. Am I missing something? Is there a price threshold? My items were each < $200.

ebay requires you to now link up to your bank directly, and not just through paypal. then they "process" the payment, and you don't get it for a few days. sold an item on the 18th, and i won't get the cash until the 21st. No more instant payment, then instant transfer through paypal, where you can sell an item and have access to the cash right away. Its getting shittier and shitter out there for the gear resale market, between the reverb scams, and this shit.
Way lame!!!

Sell on forums, craigslist, other places then and ask for money orders via mail or cash face to face... if you don't like it. All the outlets like Ebay, reverb, et al are going this way. They cut out PP because they want to keep all the money/profit for themselves.

Gotta love all their fee’s!

Total Sales:$412.42USD
Total Processing Fees:-$12.38USD
Total Selling Fees:-$19.30USD
Total Tax Remitted:-$26.42USD
Total Shipping Label Fees:-$13.49USD
For real? That's 12.7%!!!! not including the taxes remitted.

I am so glad I am friends with so many guys that own so much good gear that if I ever needed it, I can trust them to just buy it and not deal with bullshit. I guess all this time on guitar forums paid off.

I sold a guitar a few days ago on ebay then I received a message from them saying they're holding payment for 21 days... I contacted the buyer and told him I won't be shipping anything until the money is in my account. I offered him a refund, which he accepted and I got charged fees for sending the refund...

I sold a guitar a few days ago on ebay then I received a message from them saying they're holding payment for 21 days... I contacted the buyer and told him I won't be shipping anything until the money is in my account. I offered him a refund, which he accepted and I got charged fees for sending the refund...
SHEESH!!

Back