Ed 1985'

What amazes me is his physicality with his fingers. His biometrics or whatever you call it is nuts lol. I never noticed it before the angles of the video really show it off. I didn't realize how big his hand were, Wrist angle Etc. Also love he is playing with his sound. Print it babe!!!

if that was his main marshall it sure had plenty of gain!
what a rat hole that studio is, you can smell the krell, beer and cigs from here!
sammy sucked all the fire and balls out of that band is all i can say
dave walked out and 'love walked in"

There's a video out there of Eddie giving a tour of his studio and there's a closet just filled to the brim with tapes of ideas he had and never got around to using yet. It would be awesome if Alex and Wolfgang could release or finish those songs.

What amazes me is his physicality with his fingers. His biometrics or whatever you call it is nuts lol. I never noticed it before the angles of the video really show it off. I didn't realize how big his hand were, Wrist angle Etc. Also love he is playing with his sound. Print it babe!!!
I thought the same thing about the size of his hands. I never realized they were so big either. Cool video, get to see angles of his hands I never have. Killer sound too. Imagine if it wasn't overdriving the camera mic.

Reactions: Geo
"You're number one." :LOL:

Weird I just found my old Boss analogue tuner like on the table...next to what looks like a Mickeys big mouth.

I disagree - Yes Sammy changed the band, but don't you think EVH changed the band as well? He always had some melody and pop influence in him and I bet after 10 years or whatever playing hard rock / proto metal riffs he wanted to grow as a songwriter / producer / instrumentalist. Hell, many Sammy era VH songs were already written in some form in the DLR days (as this video sort of proves). I also think they wanted to chase the billboard charts as well. And they achieved all of it. I like all versions of VH (even the Cherone version). I don't know why Sammy gets all the blame all the time for the change when clearly EVH was the engine that wrote all the music.
if that was his main marshall it sure had plenty of gain!
what a rat hole that studio is, you can smell the krell, beer and cigs from here!
sammy sucked all the fire and balls out of that band is all i can say
dave walked out and 'love walked in"

I disagree - Yes Sammy changed the band, but don't you think EVH changed the band as well? He always had some melody and pop influence in him and I bet after 10 years or whatever playing hard rock / proto metal riffs he wanted to grow as a songwriter / producer / instrumentalist. Hell, many Sammy era VH songs were already written in some form in the DLR days (as this video sort of proves). I also think they wanted to chase the billboard charts as well. And they achieved all of it. I like all versions of VH (even the Cherone version). I don't know why Sammy gets all the blame all the time for the change when clearly EVH was the engine that wrote all the music.
Exactly

i-hired-van-halen-to-play-my-party-who-the-hell-is-this-van-hagar-dude.jpg

need-to-rejoin-van-halen-need-to-write-more-songs-with-love-in-the-title.jpg

2b73107b1c3d59b86d0235c9ed745b27.jpg

adgij.jpg

There's a video out there of Eddie giving a tour of his studio and there's a closet just filled to the brim with tapes of ideas he had and never got around to using yet. It would be awesome if Alex and Wolfgang could release or finish those songs.

Hate to say it, but a lot of it is probably garbage and/or repeats itself. They also said it would take years to go through all that so don't expect it any time soon. Also I think they mentioned that had it been that good, it already would have been released on an album.

Reactions: Geo
Hate to say it, but a lot of it is probably garbage and/or repeats itself. They also said it would take years to go through all that so don't expect it any time soon. Also I think they mentioned that had it been that good, it already would have been released on an album.
The "Van Heineken" tapes.

I saw this vid last night. I love watching the wheels turning in his head as he hashes out some of the fills.

Really need to give some of the Hagar stuff some new listening time. I am a Roth years guy all the way but, songs like Amsterdam remind me how insane his rhythm chops continued to develop over time.

OMG...OMG that's the super top secret Franky that he only played in the studio to record the albums with!!!!!!:shocked::p

Just had to fellas.....:lame::D

Cool to hear that riff from 1985. I think Ed had some many riff and songs ideas most were basically written long before many albums they only had to arrange and add lyrics to them with producer input to shape them.

Cool find... thanks for posting.

No kidding. Ton of gain on that one.. just a variac and a marshall though right!
Kapo after you have played a great variaced plexi then you easily believe that what you are hearing is a variaced Plexi/Superlead with Ed playing it, plenty of YT vids showing 67-70 Marshalls cranking out that amount of gain all day long. At any tme Ed could have used and EQ to shape the amp which we know he did from the pics and any other type of device to shape the tone but the base was Marshall plexi/superlead IMHO.

Just listen to anything Al Estrada demos...

Back